View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: born to perform? film yourself. get free magic.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:43 pm 
born to perform.

Even though I'm not eligible, this sounds like an awesome idea.

~Z

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:43 pm 
born to perform.

DavidTheCryptic wrote:
You should have some standards.

I imagine after the initial run, this will turn into like "best performance of the week" or something to encourage just this type of quality. Otherwise it'll be a financial fleecing of the company as everybody posts half-arsed videos to get their tricks for free.

Especially at a $99 price point...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:44 pm 
Emperor Penguin

KrisDeagle wrote:
How do you do it?

Like do we have to pay for it then our money gets refunded or will there be a new option that says Born To Perform trial or somesuch?

Pretty sure you pay, then if you pass the guildlines, they give a refund.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:44 pm 
Team Penguin

DavidTheCryptic wrote:
I get burnt out on live performances, there are just so many half-assed ones out there.
I fear this might bred even more, but I hope not. I truely want to believe this will bring out some (and mostly) good ones. That they will take this more serious, than jsut trying to get the trick for free. You should have some standards.

Great point.

That's a grey area - which is why we included having to "give it a thumbs up". But the good news from the beginning is that if the trick is for "real people", then it's going to have to be pretty good for the magician to have the guts to do it. It's much easier to suck quietly, alone in your bedroom than for real people out in the world.

So I'm confident that the born-to-performers out there will impress.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:47 pm 
Team Penguin

KrisDeagle wrote:
Like do we have to pay for it then our money gets refunded or will there be a new option that says Born To Perform trial or somesuch?

The previous responses are correct. You pay, get it, perform it, film it, etc. and then we gift you.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:47 pm 
Team Penguin

akirafist wrote:
DavidTheCryptic wrote:
I imagine after the initial run, this will turn into like "best performance of the week" or something to encourage just this type of quality. Otherwise it'll be a financial fleecing of the company as everybody posts half-arsed videos to get their tricks for free.

I have faith in our peeps :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:50 pm 
Emperor Penguin

acar wrote:
akirafist wrote:
DavidTheCryptic wrote:

I have faith in our peeps :)

You're braver than I for having such faith in them. :lol:

But I do hope you're right. It would be great to see more people out there actually performing, getting some real expeirence with real people (close family doesnt count in my book).
Cause if you're serious about getting into magic, you have to perform for people and entertain them. Thats the hardest part, not the sleights or gimmicks or tricks. ITs about time some of these people see that. :lol:

side note; Id really like to see some of these posters, post videos with original presentations as well. Not just copy the original word for word, move for move. Id like to see some creativity out there. Maybe even offer a bonus for those who go out there with a real and original performance of the effect. Thats one of the funnest, yet hardest, parts of magic and entertaining.

Last edited by DavidTheCryptic on Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:54 pm 
born to perform.

acar wrote:
KrisDeagle wrote:

The previous responses are correct. You pay, get it, perform it, film it, etc. and then we gift you.

Ah, another good way to flesh out those who are just in it for a free trick. I mean, they still have to pay for it if they aren't good enough right? That'll make them think twice before doing it for the heck of it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:56 pm 
Team Penguin

KrisDeagle wrote:
acar wrote:
KrisDeagle wrote:

Ah, another good way to flesh out those who are just in it for a free trick. I mean, they still have to pay for it if they aren't good enough right? That'll make them think twice before doing it for the heck of it.

It also filters out those ambitious performers who would order ONE MEEEEELION DOLLARS worth of magic in one go.. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:57 pm 
born to perform.

This is my 5th message in this forum subject and not one of the others made it on, am I being sensored?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:58 pm 
born to perform.

acar wrote:

It also filters out those ambitious performers who would order ONE MEEEEELION DOLLARS worth of magic in one go.. :)

Indubitably.

That word is so underused and when it's used, it's more often than not found in a place it doesn't belong. Gotta love it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:00 pm 
Team Penguin

Quote:
side note; Id really like to see some of these posters, post videos with original presentations as well. Not just copy the original word for word, move for move. Id like to see some creativity out there. Maybe even offer a bonus for those who go out there with a real and original performance of the effect. Thats one of the funnest, yet hardest, parts of magic and entertaining.

That's definitely going to be the most exciting part for me too.

Great idea to offer extra incentive. Maybe the best overall performance of the week/month gets an extra bonus.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:01 pm 
Team Penguin

zambini wrote:
This is my 5th message in this forum subject and not one of the others made it on, am I being sensored?

I think what's happening is since the topic is HOT, others are posting between the time you click reply and submit, so it asks you if you want to modify your post after you click. You have to click submit AGAIN or it won't take it. It's happened to me too.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:01 pm 
born to perform.

I dunno about you guys, but it takes me a heck of a lot longer than a month to develop a new/great presentation and master an effect. Guess I could put it into overdrive for this. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:07 pm 
Team Penguin

akirafist wrote:
I dunno about you guys, but it takes me a heck of a lot longer than a month to develop a new/great presentation and master an effect. Guess I could put it into overdrive for this. :)

That's a great point. How much time would you like?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next