View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: born to perform? film yourself. get free magic.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:23 pm 
born to perform.

The hardest part about this is going to be deciding which trick to purchase, practice, record, and submit!!!

:D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:44 pm 
born to perform.

Gimpdiggity wrote:
The hardest part about this is going to be deciding which trick to purchase, practice, record, and submit!!!

Not really, do them all. =D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:50 am 
born to perform.

KrisDeagle wrote:
Gimpdiggity wrote:

Not really, do them all. =D

Good point. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:46 am 
Penguin

Holy jebus, this is great, I'm totally going for this. So it started already? Do we need to tell you what we're going to purchase beforehand or will you just check our accounts?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:55 am 
Emperor Penguin

Xenetic wrote:
Holy jebus, this is great, I'm totally going for this. So it started already? Do we need to tell you what we're going to purchase beforehand or will you just check our accounts?

Quote:
Any trick, any DVD.

But it will start from this point forward. So feel free to DO performance videos on your older stuff (we encourage you to practice getting good at it) but it won't be free.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:55 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Ruby city next to the Emerald city. Bob is wearing the Emerald Sneakers.
acar wrote:
Any trick, any DVD.

But it will start from this point forward. So feel free to DO performance videos on your older stuff (we encourage you to practice getting good at it) but it won't be free.

Im confused on this. So if I bought something January 3, 2010 it won't count for the Film Yourself. Get Free Magic?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:42 pm 
Emperor Penguin

tupelo wrote:
acar wrote:
Any trick, any DVD.

Im confused on this. So if I bought something January 3, 2010 it won't count for the Film Yourself. Get Free Magic?

Dont see what is confusing... its started on the 15 of January. Everything you buy from that day on you CAN get free.

He would still like to see some performance videos of older stuff as well, to add more variety.
To test them out and see live performances of them for others.

So no, your Jan 3 purchase wouldnt work.
Enless of course he makes an exception... but I dont think he should. Should stick to the rules.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:18 pm 
Penguin

what about things that arent effects?

like Strong Magic, and Designing Miracles.

things like that. purchases that dont include effects, but, still turn "tricksters" into "born-to-performers"

isnt that the purpose of this? to encourage practice and live performing? so, if i spend 35 bucks on strong magic (which i plan to do, almost immediately) am i just out 35 bucks like i would be if i flat out bought it? or would there be a way to earn back that 35? or half of it even?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:22 pm 
born to perform.

worldwideme wrote:

things like that. purchases that dont include effects, but, still turn "tricksters" into "born-to-performers"

isnt that the purpose of this? to encourage practice and live performing? so, if i spend 35 bucks on strong magic (which i plan to do, almost immediately) am i just out 35 bucks like i would be if i flat out bought it? or would there be a way to earn back that 35? or half of it even?

If you feel that you're going to be "out 35 bucks" if you don't get something for free, then maybe you should reevaluate if you want to buy it at all...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:25 pm 
Emperor Penguin

worldwideme wrote:

That book should take you a while to properly apply it for one.
Two, its not something that is "visible" right away; Whether or not your applying it, could be questioned. Its your presentation, your mentallity, your attitude.
Besides, you shouldnt be trying to get your money back on something like that. If you use the book to its fullest extent and honestly apply it. You should be able to make your money back with real (paid or tipped) shows. The only way you can loose money on that book is by not going out and truely performing.

So, I would say no. Acar might have a different view on it, but thats my view on it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:28 pm 
Penguin

good stuff David.

i'm just a tight-wad teenager who hates to spend money if he doesnt have to :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:31 pm 
born to perform.

DavidTheCryptic wrote:
worldwideme wrote:

That book should take you a while to properly apply it for one.
Two, its not something that is "visible" right away; Whether or not your applying it, could be questioned. Its your presentation, your mentallity, your attitude.
Besides, you shouldnt be trying to get your money back on something like that. If you use the book to its fullest extent and honestly apply it. You should be able to make your money back with real (paid or tipped) shows. The only way you can loose money on that book is by not going out and truely performing.

So, I would say no. Acar might have a different view on it, but thats my view on it.

Well said. I agree 100%.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:26 pm 
Penguin

I do not get it. The rule is not reasonable to me. Based on that if you can buy tons of products and make film for each and get everything for free. I think it is crazy for a company.
At least it should be some restriction like only one product for one person. Or You can only film one in a period of time like a year.
Otherwise the only explanation is that you have to be really good, not just did not reveal the secret thing. If that is ture, it will exclude most of the beginners, you can easily tell they are not very confident from the film.

acar wrote:
Zenn_Darkfire wrote:
Can you only do this once or is there a limit to how many times you can take advantage of this great offer?

As many times as you like :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:42 pm 
Emperor Penguin

zdm wrote:
I do not get it. The rule is not reasonable to me. Based on that if you can buy tons of products and make film for each and get everything for free. I think it is crazy for a company.
At least it should be some restriction like only one product for one person. Or You can only film one in a period of time like a year.
Otherwise the only explanation is that you have to be really good, not just did not reveal the secret thing. If that is ture, it will exclude most of the beginners, you can easily tell they are not very confident from the film.

acar wrote:
Zenn_Darkfire wrote:
Can you only do this once or is there a limit to how many times you can take advantage of this great offer?

As many times as you like :)

As of Right now this is just a "test drive" of the idea:
Quote:
We're test-driving a totally crazy new idea

Down the line they, acar and max, might decide to place a limit on the purchases; If people try to abuse it. As long as people take this seriously, I dont think there will be a problem.

But I really dont see anyone buying just tons of effects to get them free. If they do, they would be smart to do it over a long time, not all at once. If you bought 5 new products at once, thatd be a task to learn all of them and "wrap" them up good enough (in only 2 months time) to film performing for a group of people.

And beginners should be more focused on learning the effects, learning about presentation, and stuff along those lines than trying to get magic effects for free.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:09 pm 
born to perform.

DavidTheCryptic wrote:
And beginners should be more focused on learning the effects, learning about presentation, and stuff along those lines than trying to get magic effects for free.

This alone is why I probably won't really get to take much of an advantage of this promotion.

I'm too busy trying to learn effects and presentation skills to actually try to put forth the effort of actually getting someone to film me performing. I'm spending most of my time studying and reading about basic handlings and sleights...I don't really have much of the desire (or confidence) to go out and perform for random people. Sure, I perform effects for co-workers and such, but I know them and it's not difficult for me to approach them. It's completely different to just go out and perform for random people, in my opinion.

I only hope that the promotion goes on long enough for me to actually feel comfortable performing for people while being recorded so that I can take advantage of it. Until then, I don't feel like I'm "wasting" any money by buying an effect and then NOT getting the money back for it. I still feel like I get value from my purchases just so long as I enjoy them.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next