View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: born to perform? film yourself. get free magic.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:26 pm 
Penguin

I agree with you at this point. But still they will try to get as many as they can handle since the standard for the rule is not very high.

DavidTheCryptic wrote:

But I really dont see anyone buying just tons of effects to get them free. If they do, they would be smart to do it over a long time, not all at once. .

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:33 pm 
Penguin

If based on your requirement, that definitely is hard to reach and takes alot of time and effort. But it seems that is not what the level in this promotion.
if someone makes a just ok film, I just wonder if that is qualified.

Gimpdiggity wrote:
DavidTheCryptic wrote:
And beginners should be more focused on learning the effects, learning about presentation, and stuff along those lines than trying to get magic effects for free.

This alone is why I probably won't really get to take much of an advantage of this promotion.

I'm too busy trying to learn effects and presentation skills to actually try to put forth the effort of actually getting someone to film me performing. I'm spending most of my time studying and reading about basic handlings and sleights...I don't really have much of the desire (or confidence) to go out and perform for random people. Sure, I perform effects for co-workers and such, but I know them and it's not difficult for me to approach them. It's completely different to just go out and perform for random people, in my opinion.

I only hope that the promotion goes on long enough for me to actually feel comfortable performing for people while being recorded so that I can take advantage of it. Until then, I don't feel like I'm "wasting" any money by buying an effect and then NOT getting the money back for it. I still feel like I get value from my purchases just so long as I enjoy them.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:35 pm 
Penguin

Gimpdiggity wrote:
Until then, I don't feel like I'm "wasting" any money by buying an effect and then NOT getting the money back for it. I still feel like I get value from my purchases just so long as I enjoy them.

oh come on! i never called it a waste!

its a chance at a good deal, so i'd like to take advantage of it. sue me. thats what everyone else on this thread is doing. (with a few exceptions) seeing if they can get a piece of the action and save some dough. humans work that way, its just like black friday deals, why do you think stores are so packed? cause of the cheap stuff! sure theyd buy it just the same if it werent on sale, but because it is. they are more excited about their purchase.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:34 pm 
born to perform.

worldwideme wrote:
Gimpdiggity wrote:
Until then, I don't feel like I'm "wasting" any money by buying an effect and then NOT getting the money back for it. I still feel like I get value from my purchases just so long as I enjoy them.

oh come on! i never called it a waste!

its a chance at a good deal, so i'd like to take advantage of it. sue me. thats what everyone else on this thread is doing. (with a few exceptions) seeing if they can get a piece of the action and save some dough. humans work that way, its just like black friday deals, why do you think stores are so packed? cause of the cheap stuff! sure theyd buy it just the same if it werent on sale, but because it is. they are more excited about their purchase.

:roll:

My comment wasn't directed at you. I was stating a fact about myself. I don't feel that I waste money by buying a trick and then not getting it for free, just so long as I feel that I got a good value for the trick regardless.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:37 pm 
Penguin

ok then :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:26 pm 
Penguin

This might sound dumb, but I just want to clarify. This would apply to card wallets,right? So if I got a card wallet and a DVD about card wallet routines, would I get both of them for free? Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:26 pm 
born to perform.

I think it would only work if the wallet came with the DVD.... not if they are two separate products

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:38 pm 
Penguin

I'm not sure if this has been asked yet, but I don't think it has. :P
When/if we get refunded, is it in "penguin" dollars, or do I really get my money back?
Either one is still a great deal, I'm just curious. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:44 pm 
born to perform.

That's a good question.

I wouldn't mind at all if it were in Penguin Bucks. It would give me an excuse to keep buying effects!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:43 pm 
Penguin

Any chance of somone under 16 doing it to teens there age or with parental supervision. Does that count?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:52 pm 
Team Penguin

RobertHanowell wrote:
Any chance of somone under 16 doing it to teens there age or with parental supervision. Does that count?
Lol my style of magic when I do perform is pretty flirty so that would be pretty weird IMHO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:12 pm 
born to perform.

If the account is made by a 16+ year old for a -16 year old are they still eledgable?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:06 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Im pretty sure the performer has to be 16 or older... other wise there probably wouldnt be an age limit, since all the kids usually have their parents open the account in the first place in order to pay using their credit card or debit card.

There are age limits on things for a reason... get used to it... at least till you're 21.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:22 am 
Penguin

So let's say I purchase a Boa coin bender. In order to get my money back I would have to use the handling explained in the instructions? What if I just use the Boa to prebend the coin and just do a PK coin bend using a shuttle pass? I need a good convenient way to bend coins. Would it coint if I use the Boa just for the setup? Or would I have to actually be using it in the video?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:39 am 
born to perform.

I see a lot of questions, and zero videos. Which is totally puzzling to me.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next