View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: born to perform? film yourself. get free magic.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:30 am 
Emperor Penguin

Nightmare91o wrote:
So let's say I purchase a Boa coin bender. In order to get my money back I would have to use the handling explained in the instructions? What if I just use the Boa to prebend the coin and just do a PK coin bend using a shuttle pass? I need a good convenient way to bend coins. Would it coint if I use the Boa just for the setup? Or would I have to actually be using it in the video?

Id say use it in the video... since thats how its suppose to be used: A bend they can see happening. Other wise its not really the boa coin bend in action...

If your going to just do the set up... get a large vice grip or something... alot cheaper.
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1260 ... yword=vice

edited just get this if you dont want to use the BOA or superman like they are ment.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=905

Other wise its just plain riddiculas.

And it now seems like people are just trying to get stuff free with no real work or thought on the effect... but how to get around it. :roll:
Yet, as pointed out before... no videos... no one even mentioning they will be posting a video or work on one.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:54 am 
Penguin

DavidTheCryptic wrote:
Nightmare91o wrote:
So let's say I purchase a Boa coin bender. In order to get my money back I would have to use the handling explained in the instructions? What if I just use the Boa to prebend the coin and just do a PK coin bend using a shuttle pass? I need a good convenient way to bend coins. Would it coint if I use the Boa just for the setup? Or would I have to actually be using it in the video?

Id say use it in the video... since thats how its suppose to be used: A bend they can see happening. Other wise its not really the boa coin bend in action...

If your going to just do the set up... get a large vice grip or something... alot cheaper.
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1260 ... yword=vice

edited just get this if you dont want to use the BOA or superman like they are ment.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=905

Other wise its just plain riddiculas.

And it now seems like people are just trying to get stuff free with no real work or thought on the effect... but how to get around it. :roll:
Yet, as pointed out before... no videos... no one even mentioning they will be posting a video or work on one.

Wel that's why I'm asking questions. I plan to do a video when I decide what to try this out with. I'm trying to figure out something that I'm interested in buying, that I know I will use a lot, and that I'm confident that I can perform with in 30 days.

And FYI I already have The Closer lol. That's precisely what I wanted to do with the prebent coin.

It's cool though... I'm now considering Universal Impression. I'm thinking about maybe wandering around my college to find a volunteer for an "experiment" for a "project" I have to do on my chosen topic of telepathy, clairvoyance, etc. I could have someone film it and tell the spec that I need to do that because I have to document my evidence and research to present to the class. Then proceed with the "experiment" where I read their mind or duplicate their drawing or whatever. I think that would be fun.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:26 pm 
Penguin

I found that is exactly what he asked. He asked how to work on a video,is that be ok in the video.
Of course people want to get free magic, but they need to make sure the video is definitely qualified for that first.Without the video, he can not get it.
He is serious to make that video. That is why he asked for.

DavidTheCryptic wrote:
Nightmare91o wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:51 pm 
Penguin

Hi, I got a question

When you say "You must perform for REAL people", you mean people that we don't know or it also includes family and friends?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:58 pm 
Emperor Penguin

jesus20 wrote:
Hi, I got a question

When you say "You must perform for REAL people", you mean people that we don't know or it also includes family and friends?

If all you ever perform for is your good friends and family... you're really not learning much or "born to perform." In my opinion. They are a totally different crowd than people in your schools, malls, street, bars, etc.
If you want real experience and knowledge you need to go out there. And thats what penguin is trying to get yall to do.
Now thats not saying you cant have a friend or two in the crowd for some support, but eventually you need to go past that.

I personally, wouldnt take a video of you just performing for family. Enless its like at a reunion or gathering... since even that takes it out of direct family.. ie parents/brothers/sisters.
But thats just my opinion on the matter. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:02 pm 
born to perform.

DavidTheCryptic wrote:
Im pretty sure the performer has to be 16 or older... other wise there probably wouldnt be an age limit, since all the kids usually have their parents open the account in the first place in order to pay using their credit card or debit card.

There are age limits on things for a reason... get used to it... at least till you're 21.

No big deal. I just received a large gift card to my local magic shop. Plus at this point in my magic career I only need to buy gimmicks that I can't make myself (which is legal when a personal touch is added to each one). I can figure just about everything sold here on my own. Subliminal mesage: make more stumpers. If I were old enough I would try, but I'm under 16 so I probably won't be taken seriously even if I were to create a killer effect.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:09 pm 
Emperor Penguin

tiggerkim wrote:
DavidTheCryptic wrote:
Im pretty sure the performer has to be 16 or older... other wise there probably wouldnt be an age limit, since all the kids usually have their parents open the account in the first place in order to pay using their credit card or debit card.

There are age limits on things for a reason... get used to it... at least till you're 21.

No big deal. I just received a large gift card to my local magic shop. Plus at this point in my magic career I only need to buy gimmicks that I can't make myself (which is legal when a personal touch is added to each one). I can figure just about everything sold here on my own. Subliminal mesage: make more stumpers. If I were old enough I would try, but I'm under 16 so I probably won't be taken seriously even if I were to create a killer effect.

One of the more moronic things Ive seen posted lately.

One thing I dont get is your last sentence... how does that deal with the contest? Or really performing magic at all. There are plenty of magicians under 16 that are taken seriously. Its all in how you represent yourself.

Last edited by DavidTheCryptic on Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:34 pm 

Demos are a double edged sword. If they don't show the full effect, people whine about them hiding details, if they do show the full effect, people can watch it dozens of times until they figure it out.

That being said, I don't think that's what he's saying. I can figure out most closeup magic from watching it done, too. I don't have to watch something over and over to do it, it just comes with the knowledge I have of closeup magic. Dave, you do the same thing. You know enough magic to understand how things work just from watching it. Nothing wrong with that. He never said he didn't support people when he wants to do something.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:24 pm 
born to perform.

DavidTheCryptic come on, I'm not that good and nothing new has suprised/shocked me for a while. The last thing that I could not replicate from this site was tarantula. Secondly I am taken seriously locally, but when it comes to the web, all I get are age restrictions.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:49 pm 
born to perform.

Guys, I just wanted to mention that one of the reasons you aren't seeing any videos for this yet is because in the rules it says:

Acar wrote:

1. You must perform at least 30 days after ordering but less than 60. We want to encourage practicing too! and we don't want to wait 2 years to see your trick

Unless I'm stuck in some kind of time warp, I don't think it's been 30 days since the promotion was announced, meaning that it's impossible for anyone to post a video that they would want looked at for the promotion.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:44 pm 
Penguin

Gimpdiggity wrote:
Guys, I just wanted to mention that one of the reasons you aren't seeing any videos for this yet is because in the rules it says:

Acar wrote:

1. You must perform at least 30 days after ordering but less than 60. We want to encourage practicing too! and we don't want to wait 2 years to see your trick

Unless I'm stuck in some kind of time warp, I don't think it's been 30 days since the promotion was announced, meaning that it's impossible for anyone to post a video that they would want looked at for the promotion.

Maybe some people just enjoy b*tching.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:45 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Gimpdiggity wrote:

Acar wrote:

Point Gimp... :P
Guess it just feels longer.
I literally thought Id been in class for 4 weeks, when its only been 2. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:48 pm 
Penguin

I actually do feel like I need to start pushing myself harder to start performing for more than just friends. This will help motivate me.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:48 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Nightmare91o wrote:
Gimpdiggity wrote:

Acar wrote:

Maybe some people just enjoy b*tching.

You b*tch about things on here too... so you're one to talk. :?

Besides... you've got to admitt its fun & releases stress in a safe way.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:07 pm 
born to perform.

DavidTheCryptic wrote:
Point Gimp... :P
Guess it just feels longer.
I literally thought Id been in class for 4 weeks, when its only been 2. :lol:

Phew...good.

For a minute there I was thinking that maybe I WAS in fact stuck in a time warp. I'm paranoid about things like that...leaving the stove on, not shutting the garage, getting stuck in time warps... :lol:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next