View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 439 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: What's New For You?
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 2:51 pm 
born to perform.

You can buy some fake fruit for you C&B. I believe Michael Ammar sells some on his site.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 3:03 pm 
born to perform.

They had smaller lemons but only in big bags. I'll just have to bring a cup to the store next time.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:42 pm 
born to perform.

I've ordered a bunch of puppets up recently.

One is a creepy clown marionette, one is a Mopkin that matches a Mopkin that I already have, and one is a Prince.

I'm getting ready to order a skeleton or a Dracula vent puppet. I haven't decided which one. I also have a Bozo the Clown vent puppet that I will be ordering in the next few weeks.

I know that they aren't really "magic," but I feel that puppets, puppetry, and ventriloquism can go hand in hand with magic fairly well. In fact, I'm working on a kids show routine that has a puppet during about half of it.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:58 am 
born to perform.

Absolutely. I wouldn't mind some day learning a bit more on ventriloquism and I agree that puppets and magic can easily go together in a routine. But for now, I'll get better at what I have now.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:24 pm 
Penguin

i've given up on the anticipated gift cards.

so i went and bought

modern coin magic

expert card technique

and a replacement tip for stealth pen.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 8:22 am 
born to perform.

Gimpdiggity wrote:
I've ordered a bunch of puppets up recently.

One is a creepy clown marionette, one is a Mopkin that matches a Mopkin that I already have, and one is a Prince.

I'm getting ready to order a skeleton or a Dracula vent puppet. I haven't decided which one. I also have a Bozo the Clown vent puppet that I will be ordering in the next few weeks.

I know that they aren't really "magic," but I feel that puppets, puppetry, and ventriloquism can go hand in hand with magic fairly well. In fact, I'm working on a kids show routine that has a puppet during about half of it.

From what I understand David Copperfield was originally going to be a ventriloquist.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:22 am 
born to perform.

Just got my first rising card deck from Magic Masters in Downtown Disney... I had tried making my own a while ago (with an idea that I had come with) but it failed miserably so I bought this instead lol. I also have coming sometime this week a foam brick, Dubious Domino, and a Vanishing Ketchup Bottle

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:54 pm 
Penguin

worldwideme wrote:
i've given up on the anticipated gift cards.

so i went and bought

modern coin magic

expert card technique

and a replacement tip for stealth pen.

i got this stuff today. along with my free pack of SM V4's from Exomagic. Awesome!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:54 pm 
born to perform.

Nice. I just ordered a TT and some silks. Should be enough stuff for now. There are a couple DVD's and a book on my wishlist though.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:24 pm 
born to perform.

Zenn_Darkfire wrote:
Just got my first rising card deck from Magic Masters in Downtown Disney... I had tried making my own a while ago (with an idea that I had come with) but it failed miserably so I bought this instead lol. I also have coming sometime this week a foam brick, Dubious Domino, and a Vanishing Ketchup Bottle

Urghh, I hate my rising card deck, limited, can't examine it, awful gimmick. For me anyways, I know many people have made quite the reputation off of it, or at least the effect.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 3:06 pm 
born to perform.

mchkeegan wrote:
Urghh, I hate my rising card deck, limited, can't examine it, awful gimmick. For me anyways, I know many people have made quite the reputation off of it, or at least the effect.

I wish I understood why so many people think that every magic trick they do needs to be handed out for inspection immediately after it's done.

I wonder if there are doctors that think they need to hand out their scalpels and other equipment to patients after they just performed a miracle surgery so that the patients can inspect the tools.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 4:09 pm 
born to perform.

Gimpdiggity wrote:
mchkeegan wrote:

I wish I understood why so many people think that every magic trick they do needs to be handed out for inspection immediately after it's done.

I wonder if there are doctors that think they need to hand out their scalpels and other equipment to patients after they just performed a miracle surgery so that the patients can inspect the tools.

hahahaha...good one gimp. I don't understand it either. yes, sometimes it'll be nice to hand it out and stuff. but with proper presentation and patter, "don't run when you're not being chase!" I'm actually finding more and more these days with more experience, I'm getting less and less people asking, "let me see that!"

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:17 pm 
born to perform.

Just picked up a deck of 125 year anniversary bikes from Wal-Mart. They're all right.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:41 pm 
Penguin

magicman222 wrote:
Just picked up a deck of 125 year anniversary bikes from Wal-Mart. They're all right.

eh i didnt really like them

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:47 pm 
born to perform.

magicman222 wrote:

I thought they were great, the one problem for me is the faces have the dates on them. Have you noticed the one way feature? It's slight but it's there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 439 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 30  Next