View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Which wallet?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:25 pm 
born to perform.

I want a new wallet. A card-to-wallet wallet.

I have narrowed it down to two that I really think will be the best for me. The JOL No-palm Wallet and the JOL EZ Card to Wallet (Palm).

Now let me say this; I have no problem palming cards. I just thought that I can work out a way to palm a card into the No-palm Wallet (odd, yes, but I like it).

Please don't suggest the Plus Wallet as I'm not interested in that now.

So?...........Palm Wallet or No-palm Wallet?

Post subject: Re: Which wallet?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:20 pm 
Team Penguin

there are SOOOO many card to wallets out there. I've been doing a no-palm technique for years for my own signed card to wallet, but recently decided to check out the different wallets to see if I can find the absolute best.

I recently received the Hip-Shot wallet available here at penguin. I like the overall concept of the wallet and the fact that it has 2 different load chambers, however the wallet (when closed) measures 4.5" x 5.5" which is HUGE compared to the wallet I normally carry which measures 3" x 4.5". The wallet BARELY fits in my back pocket and the material is very thin. It's big, and it's bulky. The main positive aspects of this wallet are the 2 loading chambers, and the fact that you CAN'T miss when loading...it's SUPER easy to get the card into this wallet...so if you're new to the card to wallet, this is a great one to practice loading with.

Just today, I added to my cart, 3 other card to wallets. They are "The Real Man's Wallet", "Mesika Wallet", and the "SuperSlim Hip Pocket by Mullica". I'm eager to get them and try them out. All of these are of smaller dimensions and look more like the type of wallet I normally carry. Once I get them and check them all out, I'll be sure to hop back on here and give you a review of them.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:19 pm 
born to perform.

KyletheGreat wrote:
there are SOOOO many card to wallets out there. I've been doing a no-palm technique for years for my own signed card to wallet, but recently decided to check out the different wallets to see if I can find the absolute best.

I recently received the Hip-Shot wallet available here at penguin. I like the overall concept of the wallet and the fact that it has 2 different load chambers, however the wallet (when closed) measures 4.5" x 5.5" which is HUGE compared to the wallet I normally carry which measures 3" x 4.5". The wallet BARELY fits in my back pocket and the material is very thin. It's big, and it's bulky. The main positive aspects of this wallet are the 2 loading chambers, and the fact that you CAN'T miss when loading...it's SUPER easy to get the card into this wallet...so if you're new to the card to wallet, this is a great one to practice loading with.

Just today, I added to my cart, 3 other card to wallets. They are "The Real Man's Wallet", "Mesika Wallet", and the "SuperSlim Hip Pocket by Mullica". I'm eager to get them and try them out. All of these are of smaller dimensions and look more like the type of wallet I normally carry. Once I get them and check them all out, I'll be sure to hop back on here and give you a review of them.

Thanks Kyle! But I ended up getting the JOL No-Palm wallet. Funny because I bought it having in mind to use it as a PALM wallet. In fact, for me it's much easier to load it in my pocket via a palm.

I have the Real Man's Wallet, Kyle. Though it is one of the smaller card-to-wallets and actually LOOKS like a normal wallet, I find that the loading of the card is quite difficult. Consider that before ordering.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:26 pm 
Penguin

I've heard quite a few people say the Real Mans wallet is hard to load. I don't know if it is or not but that is what convinced me to get the Triple Threat wallet.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:15 am 
Team Penguin

Duds, please be sure to come back on here and let me know what you think of the JOL wallet.

I'm on a quest...for the best card to wallet out there....

Take pictures if you can as well!

THanks!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:14 pm 
born to perform.

KyletheGreat wrote:
Duds, please be sure to come back on here and let me know what you think of the JOL wallet.

I'm on a quest...for the best card to wallet out there....

Take pictures if you can as well!

THanks!

I like it. I REALLY like it.

I honestly don't think I'll ever use it without palming (I palm the card into the no-palm wallet). The reason I didn't get a JOL palm wallet was because of the pocket on the outside of the wallet. I have never seen a wallet with that and it just looked weird.

Obviously the biggest disadvantage with this kind of wallet is the size. If you wear a jacket, then go right ahead! This wallet is excellent. Even if you wear no jacket you can still put the wallet in your pants pocket if it's large enough. But you lose quite a bit of pocket space.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:43 pm 
Penguin

It's funny. I've heard other people say the Real Man's wallet is hard to load but I haven't had any trouble at all. I have a credit card type card in there as the slide. Works great.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:24 pm 
Team Penguin

here's my take on the real man's wallet...I received mine about a week ago...

Since the compartment that the card appears in looks like a license display compartment...why not just use your license as the slide? this makes it look even more normal because after the dirty work is done, when you open the flap to reveal the card that can be seen through the window, and remove it, your license is left in the compartment and nothing looks fishy at all....seeing as how that's where it would normally be in any given wallet...

essentially the card appears in the compartment with your license....that's how I plan to use it!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:04 pm 
born to perform.

For a palming wallet, I highly recommend the Royal Card to Wallet. Loading technique is not to difficult (especially with a clear slide) and the card ends up in a zipper compartment. The wallet itself is very high quality leather and is the size of an average bi-fold wallet. It also has a TON of pockets for cards and also a clear licence window.

HOWEVER, I highly recommend Jeff Kaylor's new Any Signed Card to Any Spectators Wallet. Not only is it the cleanest card to wallet, but you can have it go to their wallet as well. All with NO PALMING.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:43 pm 
Penguin

Hey Kyle, if you ever come to a conclusion for which ones the best, would you mind puting up a link to it? im looking for things to put on my xmas list :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:22 pm 
Team Penguin

Hildner17 wrote:
Hey Kyle, if you ever come to a conclusion for which ones the best, would you mind puting up a link to it? im looking for things to put on my xmas list :)

I have decided of all the ones I've tried, I LOVE the JOL wallet! I use the JOL EZ card to wallet...the one that requires palming...BUT it requires no slides...which means NO RESET!!!! Ive already used it at several gigs and it works GREAT EVER TIME! It's a little pricey (About $70), but it works super well!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:24 pm 
Team Penguin

ayli wrote:
For a palming wallet, I highly recommend the Royal Card to Wallet. Loading technique is not to difficult (especially with a clear slide) and the card ends up in a zipper compartment. The wallet itself is very high quality leather and is the size of an average bi-fold wallet. It also has a TON of pockets for cards and also a clear licence window.

HOWEVER, I highly recommend Jeff Kaylor's new Any Signed Card to Any Spectators Wallet. Not only is it the cleanest card to wallet, but you can have it go to their wallet as well. All with NO PALMING.

I tried the Royal Card to wallet after hearing it referred by many... I didn't like it at all...it's not very well made and it's not that great to work with in my own personal opinion. I wasn't very impressed with its quality either...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:34 am 
born to perform.

I have the JOL small plus. ITS a worker!!!! love it love it love it.