View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The amazing things the audience wants to see
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:13 pm 
Penguin

So tonight I was showing some magic for some friends who had never seen me perform. It was a good 15-20 minutes and especially strong since half way through one spectator gave me a different deck of cards (His). So as my finale, I did card warp after sneaking away for a little bit. I milked the ending so much, the spectator looked absolutely stunned. He was so impressed he wanted to keep the pieces, and stuck them behind his data phones protective case saying it would keep his phone magical. Jokingly, I told him to not be suprised if the phone turns inside out like the cards did. It was only meant to be a joke, but the spectators eyes lit up and he said that would be the most awesome thing he has ever seen.

I think he may be right, but to do something like that . . . . I am thinking a rediculously expensive prop that I can't afford.

Anyone else got stories like these?

-ArchAngel_G

Post subject: Re: The amazing things the audience wants to see
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:38 am 
Penguin

The best reaction I ever had was a friend of mine watched a color change that was totally unexpected. He just reacted in some animal way and punched me really hard in the chest, he was really sorry and helped me up after I fell on my [edited] but I actually appreciated that primal astonishment.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:31 pm 
born to perform.

One time I was performing a show, and after the main show I was doing some walkaround. Im performing a basic ACR and this girl starts CRYING. Like heavily, sobbing. I had no idea what was going on and ejected myself. One of my friends who was there with me went over and asked what was up and she ended up telling him that she was a drug addict and not happy with her life, and by the things I was showing her she realized the impossible can happen and she could change her life around. Granted this was very early in my magic career and had no idea I could have that kind of impact, how nieve I was ;).

In Magic,
Tyler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:11 pm 
Penguin

While these are great stories, they are a little off topic. I was more interested in what the audience has asked or suggested for you to do (In my example, turn a phone inside out). This is based on the "Ham Sandwich" principle.

-ArchAngel_G