View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Want to get better with women using magic?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:27 pm 
born to perform.

Hey guys, I was writing this for some guys on another fourm and thought you might like the read!

Introduction.

Regardless of the style of pickup you subscribe to, its generally agreed that to seduce a women you need to set yourself apart from every other guy who is interacting with her on a daily basis. Magic is a great way to achieve this goal. There is no real reason however to choose magic over some other method. That being said there is a reason you should choose magic as your “DHV” (demonstration of higher value) of choice, because you want to. If you have even the slightest interest in magic, I encourage you to read on, and just spend a few minutes to see just how magic can fit right into your game.

Basics.

How to incorporate magic into pickup.

A lot of you may have tried to implement magic into your pickup, but how many did it correctly? There's a way to use magic very effectively, and if done incorrectly you just may be shooting yourself in the foot.

So how do we prevent this? Lets break this down into steps, before we talk about what KINDS of tricks we want to be performing. Lets look at it first in the terms of a cold approach.

Step One- Approach.
Your approach should consist on what your already doing, whats working for you. Implementing magic does not mean switching up your whole game. I'm not going to dive in here, there are plenty of posts breaking down opening on the fourms. However I will state I believe direct approaching to be the more dominant animal.

Step Two- Talk.
No really, its imperative here that you do something other than bust out into a performance here. You can elicit values, look for trance words, run a pattern, DHV, play a game, make out, anything OTHER than performing. Your trying to avoid the “Iv been waiting all day to show a girl this” attitude. It will come, trust me. Even if that's not your logic, it will come across as such, and without knowing, you just shot yourself. While it would NOT by any means be impossible to score a pickup from here, its not ideal. By following that pattern, your cutting yourself and your magic short. Its a powerful tool to work as a catalyst, you don't want to be back peddling with it.

Step Three- Performance.
This is where your going to want to perform, but set up is key.
“I really have to get going in a second, but before I do....” This is going to be your general format. Its your FTC(false time constraint) that serves as 2 fold. First it fires off a FTC, which is never a bad thing. Secondly it sets up your performance. The mete thinking behind this is now she's thinking I'm going to be walking away soon, and there's something I find so interesting I need to show her before I do. This personally is right where I want their minds.

This is where the variations will occur. If your using one or 2 tricks as a DHV, and not taking in magic as a hobby you will want to present as follows....

Its critical you have a story or presentation for your effect. Do not say “I want to show you something” and proceed into the effect. While you will get reactions and amp her emotional state, the after thought when effect is over will almost assuredly have her whittling it down to “Oh, he learned this to impress girls.” You don't want this. This thinking leads to your performance becoming just an ice breaker. It should be so much more. An example of the right way to proceed would be as follows, “I was traveling some friends, and we ended up in X, there was this old man on the street beckoning me closer to him, and he showed me...*proceed into effect”. You want something that explains why your able to do this effect, other than because you learned it to impress girls. By turning your tricks into a moment for her to experience they become so much more.
*More about choice of tricks later

If you are under taking the hobby of magic, things get a lot easier. Your able now to be a little more relaxed with your scripting for the simple reason as after the trick when the talking continues, the reason for you knowing can boil down to you sharing your interest. No longer are you trying to impress her, but you thought she was so interesting you wanted to share a piece of yourself(my personal meta thinking). This makes the experience you've had with her during the effect hold. Whatever she experienced remains, and no longer gets blown off as “that cute trick you did one time”.

Step 4 – Close or walk away.

Due to the FTC prior to the effect, your able at this point to “really have to go, my friends are waiting for me” or if your vibing with your lovely lady you can continue the interaction. Due to the layout if you did a good job with your opener and stage 2, number closing and a D2(day 2 date) should be in the bag at this point. Mastering of these few steps allows you to focus on your D2 and on game.

Practice.

This is going to be the most time consuming part of implementing magic into your routines. The calibration will come almost effortlessly, and comfort building almost comes naturally when you find the right effect with the right story that you really relate too. Then where does all the practice come in? The moves, the psychology of the effect of your choice. Practice, Practice, Practice. THIS is the most important step. If you cant perform the effect of your choice effortlessly then forget about it. Without your effect being effortless it will NOT work the way you want it to. Any drop of an object, any mis-spoke line and you've lost 65% of the power your magic has. If your move requires technical work with your hands. The mirror becomes your best friend, practice for hours until you have every little move down.

A lot of learning will come from repetition, repetition is the father of learning. The more times you do something the easier and easier it will get. With magic, a lot of moves are knacky, meaning that you may not see progress with the move until the 220th time you've done it, and then it clicks, and its smooth sailing from there. Once the technical moves are down, you need in field experience. There are 2 ways of going about doing this, you can follow the above break down and get PU and magic experience. However if your going for magic reps, and your putting PU on hold while you master something, you may in the 2nd step of the process jump into an effect. Doing so will lessen the impact of your magic and your PU but allows you for more reps. A quick thank you for your time and on to the next one is all that is required.

Selecting a Trick

Selecting a trick is tricky.

Selecting a trick is dependent on if your looking for one or 2 DHV's or if your becoming a hobbyist. As a general rule of thumb, do NOT use card tricks for pickup. That being said, I and others I know have done so. This may not work for you. Half the reason I'm able to get away with card tricks is because I'm a magician. Its normal for me to know card tricks, its generally expected. I will never use one however in context of direct, cold, pickup. Look for things that captivate the mind. Tricks that use normal objects, or objects out of the ordinary that HAVE A STORY.

Bible of Coin Magic- http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/535

Good Intro to card magic- http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/618

Metal Bending- http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/891

Great tool for cold reading- http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/1850
*Easy to present wrong, ask for details.

Other places to shop for magic.
Penguinmagic.com
Ellusionist.com
Theory11.com
Papercranemagic.com

Magic for Social Proof.
When in a club, or party, performing magic becomes one of the best DHV's for a simple reason. It builds crowds, being at the center or a circle is NEVER a bad thing.

Magic for Emotional Impact.
Magic has the ability to pass through language barriers as well as emotional ones, make sure your not undercutting your magic by not giving it the time it deserves, with the right presentation and work your magic can have a huge impact. It may just be the SS influence in me, but I think eliciting powerful emotions is invaluable .

Last edited by tkies on Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Want to get better with women using magic?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:21 pm 
Penguin

Quote:
You want something that explains why your able to do this effect, other than because you learned it to impress girls (Someone). By turning your tricks into a moment for her (Them) to experience they become so much more.
This applies to ALL audiences.

-ArchAngel_G

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:26 pm 
born to perform.

Indeed it does! For magicians I think this is generally accepted as rule of thumb. This was geared towards guys who were NOT magicians, feel free to skip over the parts you already know and focus on the nuggets of information new to you :). Happy hunting!

In Magic,
Tyler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:38 pm 
born to perform.

Mods please lock this as some of the content is not for the youngsters that subscribe to these forums, and this is a sales pitch. Some of the language used in this add should only be heard by adults, If Penguin does not do something about this I will not be buying from penguin again as it would mean that Penguin agrees with the post.

That is what is wrong with this world today, things are put out there in front of our kids that shouldn't be, especialy on a forum that is mostly viewd by kid's.

Glenn Tucker
Zambini Escapes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:43 pm 
born to perform.

zambini wrote:
Mods please lock this as some of the content is not for the youngsters that subscribe to these forums, and this is a sales pitch. Some of the language used in this add should only be heard by adults, If Penguin does not do something about this I will not be buying from penguin again as it would mean that Penguin agrees with the post.

That is what is wrong with this world today, things are put out there in front of our kids that shouldn't be, especialy on a forum that is mostly viewd by kid's.

Glenn Tucker
Zambini Escapes

Glenn,
After reviewing the post, I edited the line I found that could be considered adult. Other than the line adressed I don't see how this could be veiwed as adult. I agree with you in that many things are wrong with the world but my post in hopes to inform I do not see as one of thoes problems. Seduction and interaction with another sex is not "adult" by any means, no where did I encourage "kids" to go out and do anything out of line. If you'd like feel free to send me a PM and I'd be willing to consider the possible error of my ways.
Thanks,
Tyler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:57 pm 
born to perform.

I don't like the statment about if you want to get ( ), and since when is having sex not adult. So you don't mind if your 15 year is out there having sex ? if you had left out the sex and had "getting a date" I would not have said anything about it, and since when is magic for getting dates and sex ? I thought that it was for entertainment, if your magic gains that for you because of a magic effect that you did great, I just think that it is wrong to promote magic will get you girls, (or boys) for a relationship.

Last edited by zambini on Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:03 pm 
born to perform.

zambini wrote:
I don't like the statment about if you want to get down her pants, and since when is having sex not adult. So you don't mind if your 15 year is out there having sex ? f you had left out the sex and had "getting a date" I would not have said anything about it, and since when is magic for getting dates and sex ? I thought that it was for entertainment, if your magic gains that for you because of a magic effect that you did great, I just think that it is wrong to promote magic will get you girls, (or boys) for a relationship.

I agree with you about the line, that should have been adressed before posting, and it has been edited. In no way did I mean to state that by using magic you will get girls. That is far from the truth. Yet the truth is magic is a great TOOL to make it easier. In the psychology of dating and seduction the key is to promote the most interesting areas about you, you want to present your BEST self, and I for one believe magic is part of my best self. Its something I love and am passionate about and would love to share it with someone I find interesting. I find nothing wrong with that, structuring it in a way that gets you the best results is just somethinng some of us have to do that dont have that natural charm about them :). Hope I cleared some things up!

In Magic,
Tyler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:15 pm 
born to perform.

So, do you just do magic fo girls or do you do magic for guys as well, and is it for the same reason ? I will stop with this, I am from the era that you did magic or other entertainment for the feeling that you get from entertaining people, giving them a smile or making them laugh. It was a selfgratification that you took someone from the pressures of the world for one breif moment and gave them something out of the norm and made them feel good for a moment.

Thank you for removing that part of your statement, I appreciate it. Now I will edit it out of mine.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:26 pm 
born to perform.

Of course! I perform for the same reasons as you! Don't we all? When I perform for a guy I have the same outcome in mind, I want them to experience something they would normally not. Everyone I perform for is in for a great time exploring the mind and all it has to offer, I just decided to break down a small part of what I do for some of the guys here.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:30 pm 
Penguin

I don't think it's a sales pitch, I think it's informant. And as much as I'd like to agree about what magic is for, we all have our own opinions. And the only ones who are correct are correct usually only for themselves. The important thing is practice practice practice.

As long as the secrets are protected.

-ArchAngel_G

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:51 pm 
Penguin

Good post tkies. I wouldn't have changed a word as there was nothing wrong with it. Some people are too uptight. I don't pick up girls so I don't really need much advice on it :)
But seriously everything you said applies to pretty much any audience.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:16 pm 
born to perform.

Quote:
You can elicit values, look for trance words, run a pattern, DHV, play a game, make out, anything OTHER than performing.

DHV, patterns, trance words are late 90's pickup. Now bootcamps have you talk about yourself and beast. It's gotten a LOT simpler.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:03 pm 
born to perform.

akirafist wrote:
Quote:
You can elicit values, look for trance words, run a pattern, DHV, play a game, make out, anything OTHER than performing.

DHV, patterns, trance words are late 90's pickup. Now bootcamps have you talk about yourself and beast. It's gotten a LOT simpler.

Tell me about it, In my opinion patterns and trance words are just too much fun not to play with :twisted:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]