View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: What I love about magic
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:58 pm 
Penguin

Gday guys. None of you would probably remember me, I dont even think I remember if I was active on the forums :P I was a magic nutter about 5 or so years ago (I cannot remember fully). I had thousands... THOUSANDS of dollars worth of stuff, and not to be cocky, I was pretty good :D but I never got the courage to perform to anything bigger then a stand at a convention which would be the best thing I have done with my magic. I started missing magic a few months ago and thought what the heck? So now Im gonna get back into it. I picked up a deck of ramblers (US playing card co) I got from hong kong and voila! Its like I was just watching Born To Perform yesterday. What I wanted to say, is that last night I was having a chat to my sister and her friend in her bedroom. I noticed a stripper deck (crap quality) that she had gotten for free from Luna Park (Sydney theme park) and she said she just got them for free. After 20 minutes I noticed my self standing there having wowed them for the past 20 minutes. Not just using the stripper function, but doing all sorts of stuff I remembered. Just though I oughta share that with you guys, I am back in it now :D and very excited, there are some i.n.c.r.e.d.i.b.l.e. new illusions that have come out since I seft magic, so I am DAM excited. Also, Though I oughta say this aswell. I was always OBSESSED with self levitation, but annoyed that the best ones involve taking your leg out of your pants and shoe. I have developed a method to do a levitation about one foot high without modded pants OR shoes, and if I can get it to work properly to what my plans are, then a spectator can wave their hand under your feet (but not look straight under). I am excited, in a few months once things settle here I will begin properly developing it.

Cheers.

Post subject: Re: What I love about magic
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:11 pm 
Team Penguin

Magic is definitely a great art. There's so much you can do and so much more to be discovered. its like music. It will NEVER die. Things are always rolling around and being revised, people are still performing magic, and its thankfully becoming more respected in the public community.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:23 am 
Penguin

Nice to hear your enthusiasm. I'm looking forward to hear more about your levitation, when it's ready. Good luck! :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:01 pm 
Penguin

Same happened to me a few years back, enjoy your return :)