View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Magic Castle Fire...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:15 pm 
born to perform.

So I hear it was mostly just an attic fire but still some damage done. Doesn't Georges Robert have a Halloween show there every year? Hope it doesn't mess up you show.

Post subject: Re: Magic Castle Fire...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:59 pm 
Penguin

I got the message too! I hope they fix it soon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:27 pm 
Penguin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m94Mc8Zps0

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:11 am 

The fire started in the attic space above the third floor offices. They are guessing this was a result of roof repairs that were done last Monday.

There was significant water damage to the third floor and the Dante Room, due to the sprinkler system; which by the way had helped slow the fire down. No one was hurt and the fire was extinguished in an hour.

I spoke to Jack Goldfinger today. The Magic Castle wil be closed until the damage can be accessed. They hope to reopen Friday if all goes well. The LAFD and Magic Castle staff was able move many artifacts and endangered articles to safety.

I'm going to the Castle Tuesday to survey the damage and retreive my props from the venue I was performing at.

This is a sad closing, to what was a brilliant performance week. I had been performing in the Parlour all week to capacity audiences.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:34 am 

Quote:
As you may already know, the Magic Castle experienced a small fire this morning, starting in the attic above our administrative offices. Fortunately, no one was hurt in the incident, and the Los Angeles Fire Department was quick not only in responding to the scene, but in resolving the situation and minimizing the impact to the building.

The Castle has experienced some damage to its roof, as well as to some ceilings and fixtures. With sadness, therefore, the Board of Directors has decided to close our operations for the next several nights and, once our assessment is complete, will be announcing whether we'll be closed for business beyond that. We believe that insurance will cover any financial losses, and have notified our carriers.

We, the Board of Directors, would like to sincerely thank the LAFD (for their usual excellence and going “above and beyond” with their help), the AMA staff (who reacted with great poise and professionalism), and also all the concerned members and friends we've heard from today. We want to assure everyone that we'll do everything we can, to get our beloved clubhouse back to her original condition as soon as possible.

This message was approved by the Board of Directors.

Photos of the fire damage, 24 hours after the fire was put out.

http://www.facebook.com/MysteryandIllusion

http://www.facebook.com/MysteryandIllus ... 049&type=1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:47 pm 

Tonight (21 November 2001) - LIVE - 7:00PM PST. I'll be reporting on the latest news regarding the Magic Castle's Events, Closures & Progress of the Fire Recovery.

http://virtual.magicalwisdom.com/tv