View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Nomad Pad vs. Refills
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:24 pm 
born to perform.

Hey Guys,

I see that the Nomad Pad is $99 with the instructions and video links to learn the routines that the creators teach. I also see that you can get a refill of the pad and the pen for much less money. Does anyone know if one needs the original pad and pen or pad and pen that comes with the $99 version?? I hope I am not being unethical but I will make up my own routines and handlings as opposed to spend $99 to learn theirs even tho I am sure theirs are great. So can you do the trick with the refill pads and pen or is their something in the $99 version you need first??

Thanks guys,

Post subject: Re: Nomad Pad vs. Refills
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:07 am 
born to perform.

i believe the refill is just plain paper to refill your gimmicked pad as you usually rip the off the pad each time you perform. Therefore you will need to buy the original still.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:28 am 
born to perform.

Thank you

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:29 pm 
born to perform.

What exactly are you looking for? Do you want a card index, switching device, or impression pad?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:22 pm 
born to perform.

Any of the above, really.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:09 pm 
born to perform.

Okay well I got the nomad pad mixed up with the Platt Pad so now that I am back on track I am going to assume you are looking for an Imp(which the nomad pad is.) If you want to play around with impression devices you might just start with carbon paper. The honest truth of it is that there was a time that carbon paper fell out of fashion. There were good reasons for that. carbon paper was used in just about every credit card transaction and people used to use hand written receipts that they would write up in a carbon paper receipt pad. Spectators were starting to put two and two together. The world has gone increasingly electronic and there is a whole generation of spectators who have never even seen carbon paper(perhaps a slight exaggeration...) So with a $2.00 reciept book and a re-stickable glue stick you can gaff any notepad you like.

The biggest reason to go with an expensive pad is that you want to use a sharpie(or other felt tip) pen. I personally use the old Universal Impression device. Now they have the Psypher, which is supposedly 20% stronger. I prefer that because your imagination can come up with a zillion ways to gaff different styles of notepads. So instead of being maried to one style of pad and needing to replace pages from that, the gimmick can be easily transferred from one pad to another. I personally gaffed a Post-it pad for use with it and it has never let me down.