View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Stealth Belt
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:09 pm 
born to perform.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S13750

Thoughts? This looks pretty good to me. Maybe not worth a 7 minute demo, but better than the waiter's apron I use now.

Post subject: Re: Stealth Belt
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:14 pm 
born to perform.

looks a bit like a expensive fanny pack.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:47 am 

Sorry to say but it is not worth $150!! You can get belt holsters in different sizes from a military surplus store or a leather goods store and put them on your regular belt and save at least $120.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:19 am 
Penguin

I was thinking of simply making something like this. I'd have to agree with Paddy, this is totally not worth it's asking price.

-ArchAngel_G

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:13 am 
Penguin

It looks better than the Trickster Hipster that I use: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S13366. I do like the fact that the pockets are made specifically for our needs but seems too expensive for what you are getting.

Paddy is right. The tactical gear from military surplus stores work great. I was looking around online and found a bunch of good tactical gear. You can get all sizes of holders and put them on any belt. Funny thing is I found the Trickster Hipster on a tac site but for almost double the price.

If you are going for military gear it might be best if you can go to a store in person to really see the sizes of the pouches. Buying online you may not get exactly what you think you are. If there is no military surplus store nearby I'm sure you can find a police supply store. I use tac gear for my tool belt at work (unfortunately I do have a "real?" job). When I am on roofs, under buildings, crawling god knows where I know exactly where all my tools are. I can find any particular tool in the dark. No reason you can't do that for magic as well.

But that is a cool looking belt. :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:07 pm 
born to perform.

do you guys really need to carry that much stuff? i always work straight from my pockets. And have a bag if i need to use it but dont need it on me at all times.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:27 pm 
born to perform.

I actually do carry a good amount of stuff for restaurant, busking, and most close up work. On this product, I think the price isn't too bad, although I didn't check it before posting the link. Certainly better than http://www.hcmagic.com/original.html. I think if there's a way to fit a load (I'm thinking for Chop) in the belt it might be worth it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:33 pm 

Tigger, be careful with the shoulder holster thing. A few years ago I was having sciatic pains and my doc told me not to carry my wallet in my back pocket, so I bought a sholder holster desiged to carry wallets, I think it was less than $20. Got pulled over by the police because I was going a little faster than the posted limit. didn't even think about it when I reached under my jacket to get my wallet. All I heard was the cop saying "FREEZE!" I pulled open my jacket so he could see the holster and explained it was my wallet. I still can't believe I didn't get that ticket, but he was very understanding when I explained why I was using the holster affair.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:58 pm 
born to perform.

Why would you not buy this.

Just go and buy some black clothes, a cape, and a batman mask.

Than you can run through the neighborhood fighting crime and saving the day!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:10 pm 
born to perform.

paddy wrote:
Tigger, be careful with the shoulder holster thing. A few years ago I was having sciatic pains and my doc told me not to carry my wallet in my back pocket, so I bought a sholder holster desiged to carry wallets, I think it was less than $20. Got pulled over by the police because I was going a little faster than the posted limit. didn't even think about it when I reached under my jacket to get my wallet. All I heard was the cop saying "FREEZE!" I pulled open my jacket so he could see the holster and explained it was my wallet. I still can't believe I didn't get that ticket, but he was very understanding when I explained why I was using the holster affair.

Wow, I would have been scared $@*%*less. I don't use a holster, I just saw it online and thought it was WAY overpriced. Right now I use an waiter's apron and I'm pretty tired of fumbling for coins, cards, shells, etc. Depending on if it can be adapted for bottle productions and chop cup loads I'm considering getting it. And, ya know. I've always wanted to be Batman.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:31 pm 
Penguin

Heh I thought the 7 minute demo was hilarious. Particularly the bit about how to thread a belt through belt loops.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:55 pm 
Penguin

I'm glad he showed how to use a belt loop... I've been doing it wrong all these years. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:27 pm 
born to perform.

BathTub wrote:
Heh I thought the 7 minute demo was hilarious. Particularly the bit about how to thread a belt through belt loops.

ya lol. That should have been a 3 minute video at most.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:35 pm 
born to perform.

This looks terrible beyond words.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:41 am 
born to perform.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RIDICULOUSNESS FOR THE LOW LOW PRICE OF $150!!!

Gotta love the part when it says, "a suitcase of props on your belt". Must be talking about one of those mini suitcases eh?

For carrying props on your belt I've been advocating just using cell phone cases. They're CHEAP! Clip on, clip off. Sharpies clip to them. CHEAP! They can hold anything you would want to carry on your belt. CHEAP! They will carry as much or as little as you would want to and you can wear just one or more than one. CHEAP! You can put foam in them to make smaller props like TT's and coins snuggle. CHEAP! You can remove the cover flap for EZ access. Wear them upside down for stealthy access. Did I mention they're CHEAP?!