View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Loops and Cinch compared to Hundy Question
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:52 pm 
Penguin

Greetings,
I'm a newbie and interested in using some magic for impromptu one on one sales presentations. I have the Hundy 500 and thats ok but I was looking for something a little cleaner with possibly an easier handle. My Hundy gag keeps looking sloppy with exposed bills.

I was thinking about some easy levitation acts on the fly. I was looking at Loops. I wanted to hear some more about handle and reset from those using it.

Aside from that, I think Cinch looks like a good money gag but wanted to know about handle and reset in comparison to Hundy. I'm not saying I can't do Hundy, I can and have successfully, I'm just saying a wad of folded bills starts to look sloppy and I was looking for something with possibly more bang for less effort.

Tarantula seems to get so many complaints I can't see myself going in that direction. What does the community think.

Thanks In Advance

Post subject: Re: Loops and Cinch compared to Hundy Question
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:08 am 
Penguin

Loops is great for portability (which I think is very important for you), always ready to go with spares to hand. Reset and setup is quick and easy. There are a huge variety of effects available, ranging in skills down to no sleights/pure acting. If you want to do money effects for marketing then you can borrow it, or use business cards.

I think loops would be perfect for what you want. The only problem would be lighting. Ideally you should perform loops effects in low/diffused lighting.

Post subject: Re: Loops and Cinch compared to Hundy Question
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:04 am 
Penguin

I just received Cinch the other day and love it. I work as a bartender and have tried it out on a handful of people thus far. It gets great reactions, and best of all the final bill is 100% examinable. It is easy to learn. The reset take less than a minute but does require a little privacy. However I have been tinkering around with an idea that makes the reset even quicker and can be done basically in the open. It is very portable, in fact I carry it with me at all times now. Another bonus is there are a couple of different handlings.

SwankyG is spot on about loops. One thing to consider with loops is the lighting that you'll be performing. In my experience florescent lights and loops don't mix.

One thing to consider with Hundy 500 is ironing the bills. I do this anytime extreme burn gets sloppy. I'm assuming the gimmicks are similar in style.

Hope this helps.