View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: No Cyber Monday Deal?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:10 pm 
Penguin

It seems that there is no "Cyber Monday" special this year. This is very disappointing to me. The choose 5 dvd promo is fine for someone that wants/needs DVDs on the list. As someone that has hundreds of DVDs most of which are collecting dust I have no need for more DVDs to take up shelf space. I used to look forward to the Holiday specials with the different levels, but now there is no incentive to purchase.

How about something for the rest of us? I got emails from almost every other company offering a special this weekend.

I do understand why the DVD deal is in place as there is more of a margin on them, just missing the good old days I guess.

Post subject: Re: No Cyber Monday Deal?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:33 pm 
Team Penguin

1. The reason we are keeping Choose Five as our featured deal is because it's by far the best deal we've ever offered, the best deal we can offer, and no other deal I've seen even comes close.

2. We already sell things about as inexpensively as we can without losing money.

That said, were you hoping for a "free bonus" type of promo like when you spend over a certain amount of money?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:33 pm 
Penguin

Personally my favourite deals that were offered were the levels (where you received a free bonus item). I think in the past the levels were at $50.00, $100, and $300. I always wanted to see an unbelievable offer for $500 and maybe even $1000.

I understand that the percentage discounts are not doable as penguin has a smaller profit margin then most retailers. I would like to see some incentive besides the DVDs as I find those DVD deals are set up for the guys that haven't been around that long. I have taken advantage of choose 5 in the past but now there is very little that interests myself and probably the other guys that have been at it for a while as we already have them.

Just my opinion. I have easily spent over $10,000 in my time shopping with penguin and I will be purchasing an item in the $600 range in the next couple weeks. I would like to see some of the promos of the past.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:43 pm 
Team Penguin

Thanks for your feedback. We'll be doing a few things I think you'll like in the next month. Nothing like the tiered deal you mention, but close enough that I think you'll be happy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:50 pm 
Penguin

thanks Acar i look forward to it. I will hold on my purchase until then. I hope the promo will be in December as I need one item for January.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:43 pm 
Team Penguin

I think you'll like it, but it won't be based on incentive to buy more like the ones you describe. So there's actually no point in waiting. Hope that makes sense!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:07 am 
born to perform.

Not sure I understand, Acar. You'll be doing something in the next month, however it doesn't matter if I order now or then? Unless you'll be giving everyone a refund I have no idea.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:29 am 
born to perform.

In other words, don't wait, make an order now AND when they "...do a few things you will like." 8) :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:37 pm 
Team Penguin

Correct, EzRhythm's got it. We're going to be doing some specials on very specific items. You'll either want them or you won't. It won't affect whatever your current wishlist is.