I've been in magic for about 3 years, took a 2 year break, and recently started back up as a hobby. So I've always been interested in all of the effects of magic and creating tricks opposed to going out and performing. ( I did here and there, but nothing professional.) I've been thinking about these comparisons since i've returned to the forums these past weeks. (2007
*There seems to be a high demand for highly detailed, and occasionally odd looking back designs on playing cards, which seem to be getting more and more expensive. I'll stick with my $1.50 Bicycles
* Brad Christian was wiped off the face of the planet.
* Jay Sankey had Dvd's that didn't repeat tricks on his older Dvd
* Who remembers those sweet videos of Jay Sankey soiling himself? He's our magician equivalent of Fergie.
* 'One Trick Dvds' are a plague.
* Don't get me wrong, Paul Harris is a brilliant creator of magic, but that guy seems a little TOO relaxed if you know what I mean.
* Ellusionist has upgraded from overpricing effects from well known magicians, to overpricing effects from lesser known magicians.
* The day I walked away completely from Ellusionist, was when they sold 2 separate CIB's as individual Dvds, with extremely similar methods. How blatantly do they want to rip people off?
* Off-topic, but did we every find out if Alvo and Acar were the same person?
* Card Wallets, from the day I've joined, have remained the most important product on Penguin Magic.
Well, feel free to share more comparisons from whenever you've started magic, or just thoughts on how magic is today. Thanks for reading guys.