View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: magic cases??
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:56 pm 
Penguin

hey everyone quick question for you guys. so i've been performing magic for friends and family for quite some time and im ready to start performing for events, birthday parties and such, only thing is i dont have anything to neatly but all my props in. so im wondering if anyone knows were I can get such a thing were i can but in my cards coins rope etc. can i buy something like this at like wal mart? and also were else can I get those dividers so i can store everything neatly? all help really appreciated thanks!

Post subject: Re: magic cases??
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:15 am 
Emperor Penguin

I use the aluminum tool cases from Home Depot and Lowes. One black with silver trim and one silver.

Also pick up Go Pro with Tom Krzystof: Tables, Cases and Gear (Volumes 1 and 2)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:33 am 
born to perform.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=161206

Read that thread. I posted a vid on it also.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:17 am 
born to perform.

I use a briefcase for things like walk around and restaurant. Similar to this http://www.amazon.com/RoadPro-SPC-931R- ... B001DEPOLC

For general close up stuff like busking and birthday parties I use a briefcase table. http://magicshop.magictricks.com/table- ... -base.html

For the once-in-a-blue-moon stage show I do and more commonly fairs that exceed a couple of hours I use a microwave table that I picked up at a yard sale for $5. Slapped my logo on the front and glued a close up mat to the top. The cool part is it has cabinets with shelves in the back so I can use it to carry my stuff.

There's a whole lot you can use, as long as it looks professional and your not awkwardly carrying your stuff around.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:15 am 
Penguin

For my stage shows, I got an aluminum briefcase from Office Max (an office supply store chain in my area) and a TV table from Wal-Mart. It's excellent for magic and everything I use on stage with a few small exceptions fit inside it (everything I do on stage except Losander's Levitating Table packs small and plays big). For carrying close up things to my gigs for close-up, strolling, or walk-around, I use a laptop case. Make sure you get one that unzips all the way instead of just a couple inches on each side. It has tons of pockets to place gaffs, TTs, scissors, a razor blade for modding cards on the fly, tape, flash paper, extra decks, etc.

To keep the main area (which would normally hold a computer) organized, I simply bought a plastic bead container with removable inserts from a craft store. It holds coins, spongeballs, color changing knives, rings, etc. with ease and keeps it all nicely organized.

That said, I would suggest getting Go Pro just as the others have. It's got instructions on organizing your props and he does a better job of it than I do. He also speaks about what you should do before you go full time pro in magic and has a lot of other valuable information.

Hope this post helps. It's probably my most productive post ever in the history of my penguin posts.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:34 pm 
Penguin

sirbrad wrote:
I use the aluminum tool cases from Home Depot and Lowes. One black with silver trim and one silver.

Also pick up Go Pro with Tom Krzystof: Tables, Cases and Gear (Volumes 1 and 2)

I agree Go Pro with Tom Krzystof http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/1162

Among other things he shows the Home Depot/Harbor Freight aluminum cases and teaches how to attach a tripod to make your own portable table.