View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day to Day, Improving your performances.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:33 am 
Penguin

Almost everyone that has learned the classic palm has been taught that the best way to master it is to do it all the time, all day, in your regular life, until it is second nature. Recently i thought "what else can I do so that i am ALWAYS improving my performances?" What i came up with (and am eager to try) is smiling. not saying go and have a creepy smile while your doing everything, but to think to smile when you begin talking to people, and eventually, you wont have to think about it, which means you will no longer have to think about it when you are performing. And a good smile can really get you connected to your audience. After having this thought, id like to ask the penguin magic community, what are your ideas? What do you do every day in order to improve your performances?

Post subject: Re: Day to Day, Improving your performances.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:09 pm 
born to perform.

Hey good question man. I try to stay as positive as possible...I keep myself aware that not EVERY show is going to be GREAT. People will always be amazed and like the magic but try to evaluate yourself as a magician but also the audience as an audience. I also try to be "me" as much as I can when I perform because that is how you will be most effective performing. So , when you are walking around being the "not performer" (regular guy) think how you can be that guy while you perform and try to be as "you" as possible when doing your magic, mentalism or what have you. I notice that if you are genuine people will like you and people will like your magic....unless they are evil ;) Good food for thought type question.

-Ari

Post subject: Re: Day to Day, Improving your performances.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:03 pm 
Penguin

Try observing people through out the day handling money or coins. Or any object that you might be using for that matter. This will help with being natural. Another thing could be just to talk to random people wherever you are. This builds your confidence and conversation skills.