View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: good sources for Drawing Duplication?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:19 am 
born to perform.

Can someone recommend some good sources for learning Drawing duplication?

I have the osterlind one and i'm fairly familiar with general pre-show methods. I'm just looking to see if there are other good ways of doing it out there.

Also i strongly dislike Luca Volpe's version. I'm looking for something for a larger audience. So a peak wallet is not going to cut it. While i know there are many ways of achieving this effect, i'm looking for a solution of product that i have not yet considered.

Post subject: Re: good sources for Drawing Duplication?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:58 pm 
born to perform.

Peter Turner has done a lot of work on Drawing Dupes. Check out this review- viewtopic.php?f=10&t=160446

He also has a particularly nice one in his next book. I should get a review of that one up soon.

After reading all of his various Drawing Dupes I'd have to say Mind Plant (versions 1 and 2) is my overall favorite. It's truly a thing of beauty!

Just a question...are you trying to steer clear of Imp pads?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:18 pm 
born to perform.

I most certainly agree with eostresh. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:43 pm 
born to perform.

eostresh wrote:
Peter Turner has done a lot of work on Drawing Dupes. Check out this review- viewtopic.php?f=10&t=160446

He also has a particularly nice one in his next book. I should get a review of that one up soon.

After reading all of his various Drawing Dupes I'd have to say Mind Plant (versions 1 and 2) is my overall favorite. It's truly a thing of beauty!

yes. I dont like imp pads. I have both UI and Psypher as well as tommy pad. While it works almost all the time. There are times when because of the way a person rights, u cant tell what they have written. This can be minimized, but when it happens, theres not much u can do.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:31 am 
born to perform.

dark arts from matt mello

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:27 am 
born to perform.

soowee wrote:
dark arts from matt mello

I have a peak thats better than dark arts already. But looking for something more for stage than closeup. Meaning either both drawings are done at the same time (force) or a comparison can be made of the original drawing and the duplicated one from a distance.. So bigger than the small envelope.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:07 am 
born to perform.

righto.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:59 am 
born to perform.

keepitbottled wrote:
eostresh wrote:

yes. I dont like imp pads. I have both UI and Psypher as well as tommy pad. While it works almost all the time. There are times when because of the way a person rights, u cant tell what they have written. This can be minimized, but when it happens, theres not much u can do.

I'd be more than happy to take UI or Psypher off of ya xP

I normally just do a peak. Also David Penn has a cool method using business cards

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:08 am 
born to perform.

Zenn_Darkfire wrote:

I'd be more than happy to take UI or Psypher off of ya xP

I normally just do a peak. Also David Penn has a cool method using business cards

Yeah a peak is fine for close-up. But for larger audience i'd like to have a clear comparison between the spectator's drawing and my drawing. To show them side by side as a match. I think its better theater and flow than if i show its a match in this way, then alternatives like showing my drawing (A4 size) and then showing a small business card drawing as a match.

Psypher has its uses. It will work, MOST of the time. I will use it for close up. I have and will continue to use it for closeup. But i have had it not work, or give a partial impression on a few occasions which annoys me and made me go back to peak methods for the time being.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:11 pm 
born to perform.

ditto on psypher. its happened to me a couple of times as well. not that happy with it. Josh, I feel like giving it up too, but I just feel, maybe...just maybe I'll use it again!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:45 pm 
born to perform.

Use Psypher with Post-it Notes. The Peek is fantastic and post-its are thinner than standard sheets of paper so the impression is clearer. Also...Imp pads, in general, are not great for names/words. I leave name/words for direct peeks since sometimes it can be difficult reading peoples hand writing when you are staring right at it! So in all Imps are good for Drawing Dupes but iffy with writing. (at least the ones I have experimented with)

For a stage Drawing Dupe....I stick with what I and EZ said before. Get peter Turner's first book. If you like the dupes in that and think you've got "the mustard" then check out his next book(whenever it gets released.)

Note***I don't actually use Psypher I use the old UI and I have great success with it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:57 am 
Penguin

If you're looking to force an object, Sankey's Omnilope is a great utility device.

Why not have a person right down the word of an object, put it in a peek wallet, then you hand him a pad and you have a pad and you both draw at the same time. This way you can still use the peek and get teo large drawings.

This is an old idea but a good one, I think.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:27 am 
born to perform.

cfrancis wrote:
If you're looking to force an object, Sankey's Omnilope is a great utility device.

Why not have a person right down the word of an object, put it in a peek wallet, then you hand him a pad and you have a pad and you both draw at the same time. This way you can still use the peek and get two large drawings.

This is an old idea but a good one, I think.

What justification could you have for making him draw it twice? Sound really fishy.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:46 am 
born to perform.

soowee wrote:
ditto on psypher. its happened to me a couple of times as well. not that happy with it. Josh, I feel like giving it up too, but I just feel, maybe...just maybe I'll use it again!

lol well you guys know who to call if ya want to get rid of them xP

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 5:57 am 
Penguin

Erik, Eddie Thanks :)

Peter Turner