View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: pain in the butt, so i did it for you
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:04 pm 
born to perform.

if you are trying to learn the trick, Silas and the Slickers you will find that you should have the story memorized, it helps ;) so i took the liberty in writting them out for everyone!
These are the exect ones, but there might be spelling errors-

when Silas Green of Pumpkin Ville prepared to leave the Farm
His father thought some good advice might do the boy no harm

“ My son.” He said , “ You’re going off to that there distant city. your going to look for wealth and fame and to fail would be a pity.

The city’s full of slickers boy the crooks and the gold brick men. why they’ll steal the gold right out of your teeth and the ink right out of your pen.

now heres a bit of good advice that you’ll find that it is true. if you slick the slickers first, they can’t hornsawaggle you.

But Silas in the great big town was seen in evil places. he meet with men that played with cards and women with painted faces.

Some evil men proposed to si a little gambiling game a simple task of matching cards, stud poker was the name.

now the simple rules were soon explained and si should have been on guard but recklessly he plunged ahead and bet on every card.

a crafty gambler dealt the crads. a slimpy cuss was he and with crooked dealing he made sure that si’s first card was a 3.

So silas bought another card and Im sure its clear to you theres only 1 card lower then a 3 and that card is a 2.

so silas bought another card. thought, “ hey, ill do the dare.” and this next card brightened up his hand, and silas had a pair.

So silas bought another card and lady luck seemed kind. this card was also a duce and si had three of a kind.

Now the best of things someone once said were often out of place. and Silas found this saying true, for his next card was an ace.

Now the gambeler who dealt the cards reached out to take the cash but si exclaimed in righing tones. STOP slickers dont be rash

we play this game down on the farm and is some other places and we have found that when slickers deal its best to have 4 aces.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:08 pm 
born to perform.

is it a good trick? i've never heard of it! :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:32 pm 

Is this a marketed effect? If so, why are you posting the script here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:11 pm 
born to perform.

i dont know where else you can get it, but i got it off of Th magic of Jeff McBride. Its a cool trick where you are talking about a boy who moves to city and gets involved it poker. You show that he got the cards in the story then they turn into aces. Its cool, but i guess that no one has it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:22 am 
Penguin

Location: Vice President of the Cannot define as to whether he is serious, joking, or being sarcastic club
I have it. mostly perform in German, so could you translate it for me? :wink:

I've never actually performed the card routines, however, the balloon tricks on this tape are cool (Inflation)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:18 pm 
born to perform.

omg i love that routine!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:32 pm 
born to perform.

ok....

Post subject: Old old trick
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:44 pm 
Penguin

This is an old trick, that I have performed for a while. I first saw it in "More Card Manipulations" by Jean Hugard. I would suggest it for the original text and handling. Easy sleights, catchy story, and a big finish.

Post subject: Re: pain in the butt, so i did it for you
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:22 am 
Penguin

THANK YOU so much for posting this!! I have a 94 year old friend who loves this trick. He memorized it years ago and used to perform it. He recites pieces of it, with great joy and I have been searching for it for a long time.