View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Spider Pen Pro (With DVD) by Yigal Mesika
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:23 am 
born to perform.

So what does everybody think of this? The demo looks killer. I pre ordered this my self. I hope it comes in before the June 25th release. There is a lot of talk about it already in the Cafe.

So what you think??

Post subject: Re: Spider Pen Pro (With DVD) by Yigal Mesika
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 7:04 am 
born to perform.

Well i'm sold. I want one. But i'd wait for some reviews first. Currently using the Tarantula which i like, always thought a pen would be better. However i heard mixed things about the original spider pen breaking. I use to have the Kevlar Pen Reel until i broke it so i'm hoping the new spider pen will be good!

Effect wize, doesnt get more magical than this.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:22 am 
Penguin

It looks promising but I am done with pre-orders right now. Been burned a couple times and now I like to see some real user reviews before I purchase. I hope it is good though.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:43 am 
born to perform.

Only 27 more days tell I get mine.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:10 am 
Penguin

Pre-ordered my spider pen pro. I'll make a general comment here about internet shopping as I've done LOTS of it. It's always a good idea to order from the artist web site. That way you know it's a solid site, but also that way you are supporting the artist more. Next: Look for paypal and credit card verification. That's the best way to have a digital paper trail, and keep your e-mail receipts till the product arrives. Tracking is always a good idea. Now onto the spider pen: I like it. As with all thread reels, you have to be careful. I have found that when the thread breaks (and it will) re-securing another end is the most difficult part. With the spider thread it's so thin it can get tangled easily and if the end gets caught in the fluffy bunch, you may end up throwing the spool away out of frustration. For me, it's a good idea to have a couple spare reel's for emergency's and practice. All thread work is touchy. You need the right light conditions and you have to treat it with care. The pen is ingenious. I've had mine for a couple days and it works great. The only concern I have is the tension, it seems a little too much, but that's probably because I'm just learning. The pen is very much worth the cost to me. It is cleverly disguised. No one will ever suspect it. My only tip out side of watch the dvd and handle with care: Buy spare reels. I do also have a trantula but I think they are both good for different effects.