View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Blake Vogt's Ringer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:12 pm 
Team Penguin

This is one of the coolest ideas for a trick that I've seen in a LONG time. Thoughts?

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2710

Oh, and check out the interview that I did with Blake about his newest release.

http://blog.penguinmagic.com/blake-vogt-interview

Post subject: Re: Blake Vogt's Ringer
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:37 pm 
born to perform.

So I really liked the effect when I saw the video. Since I am not a full time performer, I'm always looking for opportunities to do magic but I'm not the type of guy that walks around asking "wanna see a trick?" So I liked the idea of wearing something that catches peoples attention and gives you the opportunity to perform. This looks like a very organic trick and I love the idea of a giveaway for the spectator.

Chris, in your interview, Blake stated that now he can hit it 100% of the time. That worries me as a guy that doesn't always do "knacky" moves well (ie, the Strike Vanish). Because I don't have the practice time that I used to have, I'm opting for "easy" over knuckle-busting or tricks that require a knack.

As a side note, I bought the Ultimate Card Control Utility because people were raving about have easy it was and they were performing with it after 5 minutes of practice. After probably 20 hours of practice I still can't hit it every time! Arg!!!! I'm not always good at "knacky" tricks. Anyway, I just ordered it today so I hope it is as good as it looks and easy too!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:32 am 
born to perform.

Wow! That does look pretty sweet. I have actually made those rings before, worn them and had others ask about them (as he said they would). I typically respond by making them one, but that takes a solid 3-4 minutes. This way seems better.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:01 am 
born to perform.

3-4 minutes? No more, just wave a bill and it self folds! All kidding aside, it it is pretty cool.

I finished making my gimmicks and have been playing with it. You will need two five dollar bills and two ones at a minimum to make the gimmicks and the first ring. You get the extra items required to make the magic happen.

The handling is pretty simple and well motivated. It will take a little practice to do the bonus handling and to break in the gimmick on the ring. Overall, this has the potential to be a real worker. I like Vogt's idea of giving out a bunch of these at your gig to show the customer where you've been and to generate interest.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:52 pm 
Team Penguin

tbwendt wrote:
3-4 minutes? No more, just wave a bill and it self folds! All kidding aside, it it is pretty cool.

I finished making my gimmicks and have been playing with it. You will need two five dollar bills and two ones at a minimum to make the gimmicks and the first ring. You get the extra items required to make the magic happen.

The handling is pretty simple and well motivated. It will take a little practice to do the bonus handling and to break in the gimmick on the ring. Overall, this has the potential to be a real worker. I like Vogt's idea of giving out a bunch of these at your gig to show the customer where you've been and to generate interest.

Glad to hear that you enjoy it. I have also been having a lot of fun with the basic handling. I haven't had a chance to try out the bonus handling, but it looks like it will be equally powerful.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:26 pm 
born to perform.

Does this work with other currencies? In particular, those of us with multicoloured, plastic notes?