View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: invisible deck
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:15 am 
Penguin

What is the best line to use with an invisible deck?

Post subject: Re: invisible deck
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:19 pm 
Penguin

What do you mean? Are you saying the line before or after the trick? What are you using the ID for? As a stand alone trick or part of a larger effect?

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:43 pm 
Penguin

I use the Brainwave deck (similar to the ID). I approach a romantic looking couple and patter about the magical feeling of love. I offer to do a "compatability experiment". I hand out a deck of cards to each of them and invite them to shuffle and cut all they want; then to table their cards face down and draw one card at a time, face up -- until they come up with the same card at the same time.

This is already mildly interesting to them and somewhat surprising; But then I introduce my own deck, in which I have reversed one card...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:54 am 
Penguin

I say that I'd like to give everyone a gift, it's invisible and it's under all their chairs. I then say that before we pick a card we have to pick a deck. For a younger audience this works well because you can have everyone play along and shuffle their cards. If you do the line about taking the cards out of the box it comes off less rude if you say it to everyone rather than making one person feel stupid.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:21 am 
Penguin

I like to start off with something like - I want to do a card trick but realize everyone is so tired of the "pick a card" standard we would try it with a special invisible deck.

Some people really enjoy playing along, and others can't really play along well and just seemed confused the whole time. I really need to get better at picking helpers ha ha

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:02 pm 
Penguin

There's a new dvd on the Invisible Deck by Daryl. It's only $10 but worth five times that. Tons of material with this classic magician's deck. He also has several more on the Stripper, Svengalli, etc., all $10 each and densely loaded with information I've never found anywhere else (almost five decades collecting magic).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:37 am 
Penguin

What exactly do you mean by the best line? The best way to open the routine? Or some lines of comedy or whatever to use during the routine itself? It's going to largely depend on your personality and performing style, either way. Give us a little more of an idea of what you're looking for though :-)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:32 am 
Penguin

Rob_Anderson wrote:
What exactly do you mean by the best line? The best way to open the routine? Or some lines of comedy or whatever to use during the routine itself? It's going to largely depend on your personality and performing style, either way. Give us a little more of an idea of what you're looking for though :-)

Im lookin for the beginning or more like the background of the performance

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:16 am 
born to perform.

Look up Bill Malone's version on YT and see what you think.

Others use;
*...I had a dream last night...
*...If you were to name any card in a deck and that card was to magically already be turned over...
*...Story teller- Once upon a time there was a magician who happened upon [name of spectator]...
*...The US Playing Card Company distributes 130 million dollars (wiki) worth of playing cards every year to which on occasion during the manufacturing process there is a card turned over...