View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 5 for $100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:20 pm 
Penguin

I've received an email about Penguin's 5 for $100 deal, and taking a gander at th list, I'm rather enjoying the selection.

Allowing me to get 2 (or less) "oranges" and 3 (or more) "greens" for $100, when some deals are up to $300 in retail price? I'm interested

My thoughts on what to get (for myself and my own interests of course);

T-Rex (orange)

Speakeasy (orange)

Liquid Metal 2 (green)

Emotional Intelligence (green)

Greed (green) (iffy on this one, but it aroused my attention more than most)

For me, I'm not trying to get the best deal possible, but it is still one heck of a deal!

Anybody else plan on getting something interesting? If so, what?

Post subject: Re: 5 for $100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:38 pm 
Penguin

Do you have any questions about any of the above? I like your selection, looks like you're into mentalism :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:11 pm 
Penguin

Haha, I guess my selection makes it pretty obvious doesn't it?

Honestly I think my biggest concerns would be about Emotional Intelligence and what others would recommend to put in place of Greed.

I've heard mixed opinions about E.I., mostly bad from experienced mentalists, but beginners tend to love it. Me being relatively new to the Mentalism aspect of entertainment, it sounds like a decent purchase, but I'm not completely sold.

Greed, doesn't seem to have much use in mentalism, unless I'm running some spiel on hypnosis (which I'm trying to learn that as well actually) or possibly something involving Mind over Matter or how money is only worth what governments say it is... But I don't get too many good vibes from that, make sense?

IF I could do the downloads, I would absolutely love to get a lecture instead of Greed (I love the trick, I just have a goal), but I'm not sure if I can do that on a smartphone (no computer access sadly).

Thank you for offering assistance, I appreciate it :)

TJ

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:42 pm 
born to perform.

I recommend looking into the danial Garcia live event , i think he teaches Greed in it ;)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:53 pm 
Penguin

That is very interesting, but I'm not sure if I can get the downloads on my smart phone :( and sadly I don't have an actual computer... Very 21st century.

If I can view the downloaded material from my phone, however, I think that'd change a lot.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:03 pm 
Penguin

After looking at all of the lectures, however, I find myself most interested in Kenton Knepper. Very, very famous name, and highly, highly praised as a mentalist...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:17 pm 
born to perform.

I bought $300 worth. Loving all these lectures!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:27 pm 
Penguin

Could you explain to me how the downloads work Akirafist?

As I mentioned, I only have a smartphone, and not a computer. I'm not sure if I'm able to view the lectures, but would very much love to. Your help would be appreicated here!

Also; I love the reviews sir, keep 'em coming! A review on lectures might be nice as well, even if you have to put multiple lectures on a single review, having trustworthy insight on something like lectures could be very helpful.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:18 pm 
born to perform.

I would reconsider Greed. It might not be so practical (at least not in the way that it was taught) now that the bills are different than how they used to be.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:48 pm 
Penguin

Salmononius2,

I completely agree, although I did not know about the impracticality of it. I've been looking through the lists, and I'm finding little I can actually obtain that I'd like to get.

Maybe Sankey's Revelation T-Shirt, just for the fun of it. But with the unreliability of downloading for me, I'm not sure exactly what to get, but I have 3 definites, and a strong maybe. The 5th, at this point, is just filler, but I'm already going to save about $124 on things I already wanted, and have had the coin saved up for a while. So I can't really complain on whatever I pick... Maybe I'll just go crazy with the last choice, pick something iffy. If I waste the last choice, oh well, I'm clueless anyways, but maybe I'll strike gold. Sounds like a fun experiment :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:45 pm 
Penguin

I like the 5 for $99 because it gives me an excuse to buy some of the more expensive items I have had a hard time justifying before. I would not have bought Darwin's TT 3 DVD set otherwise. :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:51 pm 
Penguin

Tukaram,

That's exactly how I feel about T-Rex! It looks perfect, but $60 to learn one move is just... Eh. But if I can throw in a $100 effect I wanted to get anyways, and a few more;

I'm sold, and so are those DVDs.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:52 pm 
born to perform.

Yep I picked up T-REX and Salt & Silver COMPLETE. Plus 3 more lectures.
Pretty good deal, considering S&S's price hasn't budged since release.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:16 pm 
Penguin

Salt & Silver just looks amazing... I've never seen it before you just mentioned it, but man does that look like fun!

If only it wasn't an "Orange" selection... Well you have fun with that sir! Not like you need my permission

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:55 am 
Penguin

Hey Cest, What kind of phone do you have? I know I can stream the live lectures and past lectures on my Samsung galaxy s4and can access the past lectures on my iPhone and iPad (I think you might be able to stream live on all I products now).

Ravanah is correct, the Garcia lecture does contain Greed, but the construction of the gimmick is gone over in greater detail on the DVD. Daniel's lecture does have a lot of cool effects on it.

If you're into mentalism penguin live has a lot of really great lectures. My favorite is Peter Turner. The Kenton Kneppor lecture was really good as well.

I've read some really good reviews about speakeasy. Dan is a very thorough teacher. One thing to consider that this is a two person coding system.i wish I had someone to work this with.

Personally I would scrap E.I. and pick up the book 13 Steps To Mentalism. The trick is based of a method taught in the book. Definitely get more bang for your buck in the book too.

Granted these are just my opinions.

As for me I'm picking up

Either:
Fat Brothers 2, Built to Last or Pet

T-Rex

Richard Osterlind lecture

David Regal lecture

David's Cull