View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: silver shifter
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 8:14 pm 
Penguin

has anybody else seen the video clip for this? You can see it from a link at themagiccafe.com. It looks AMAZING!!! I MUST get this!!!

Post subject: Re: silver shifter
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 8:32 pm 
Penguin

where should i click after i went to themagiccafe.com?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 9:34 pm 
Penguin

enter the forum and scroll down. You should see a banner advertising it. Click on the banner, and it will bring you to a page describing the trick. Click on the clip part of it, and it will bring you to a seperate page where you can d-load it. It's REALLY amazing!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 1:12 am 
Penguin

MWuahaha! the magic cafe is taking over you all... lol -Max

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 2:23 am 
Penguin

that is pretty awesome but i cant believe that it can be inspected without a switch!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:33 am 
Penguin

really? WITHOUT a switch? I saw the guy in the video switch it into his other hand which any magician would notice. The tricky thing is, where did the other bending coin go? It wouldn't be too difficult to construct a coin with a big bend in it, and then use a coin just made using a different material, but then he shows his hands with only one coin in it (after the switch). Maybe he used a device like the raven.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 8:47 pm 
Penguin

Ooooohhh a rubber half dollar for $50. OK :-) It's probably made out of some space age expensive material, but it's basically just a realistic looking rubber half dollar. The demo is very poorly done. I think if you look at the minute points you will see how it works. Why does he grab the folded coin with only three fingers? What are the other two holding... hmmm... I wonder... :-), When he does "finally" reveal the examinable bent half dollar, why doesn't he pick his hands up off the table and show it clean, why does he have to drag the back of his hands along the table? I hope I didn't really spoil the secret, but It's so blatantly obvious. If I showed up to a gig with this, I'd get "boo"ed :-) People are too smart for that gag.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 8:55 pm 
born to perform.

Ok, that just looks cheap! Maybe if he hadn't so obviouasly been palming an already bent coin when he takes the fake one I would have liked it better. Looks like an OK trick, the coin looks a little fake though. However the trick actually looks, but the demo video needs to be re-done.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:16 pm 
Penguin

Well, I'll agree with you on that one. The video does need to be re-done. However, it would probably work well with the laymen at school. It's amazing to see what simple tricks they fall for! Or, maybe it's just that we, as magicians, are just exposed to this stuff more.