View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Wanna talk magic?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 11:40 am 

streetmagic5@hotmail.com is my address...or B Magic on MSN messenger (or look me up by email addy). I've got a lot of years in close up magic, been doing it for awhile now, so I guess you can say I'm not a complete newbie. LOL. Anyway, if you wanna talk magic, or need some close up advice, street/restaurant performance advice, or a review of a trick (I have a lot)...look me up and I'll see what I can do. I spent too many years lookin out for myself, and I think its time for me to give back a little to others and keep the ball rolling.

Post subject: Re: Wanna talk magic?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 1:57 pm 
born to perform.

It's good that you are willing to be available to talk and help others out. But isn;t that one of the purposes of these message boards? Post a tip in the appropriate section. This way you've helped, not just one person, but all of us. And the comments may teack just as many people. If you do all of this talking away from the boards, then you may have to repeat yourself. You are only helping one person. And if that one person forgets (like me) it would be nice to have teh discussion board to refference the topic again. This comment is for everyone: Threaded discussions, even though we have to wait for replies, are VERY helpul for all of us and future people. I think we do a dis-service by talking and "sharing ideas" away from these discussion boards. Just don't give away secrets uless you're in the Penguin only section. (Then the people there already know the secret).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 5:27 pm 

What's up flogger. I know what you mean. I visit all the sections of these boards regularly, and post my advice to many posts (I noticed there are a lot of kids/new guys in magic here). This post is meant for those who may want more in depth conversation, etc...depth you can't really ever get into on these boards. Much easier to hold a back and forth conversation through chat/email than on these boards...lol.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 9:45 pm 
Penguin

I think its great talking outside of the boards. There are just some things that you can't talk about on this board, such as specifics of a trick. I know there is the Penguins Only, but I haven't bought anything so I get this board. I've had a lot of great conversations outside this board that I couldn't have had through the board.