View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Pen thru dollar
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 10:58 pm 
Penguin

No this is not what you think i have the trick i am not asking for a reccomendation but what do you do when someone figures out the trick he figured out the secret but i have yet to admit it. Now i am confused about what to do should i just keep denying his theory or should i tell him that hes right (i didnt tell him he was right because he tends to gloat over any small thing) and i dont mean to himself, if i tell him i will never hear the end of it but he does know how its done and what should i tell him? so any help would be great (sorry for the long post this has just been plauging my mind and if i dont find a soulution it will continue to haunt me)

Post subject: Re: Pen thru dollar
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 11:02 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Just because someone thinks they know how you did a trick doesn't mean you have to confirm it. Keep the secret. Let them keep on guessing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 11:04 pm 
Penguin

I dunno which pen you have but you should be able to give it out for examination. If that's no good then witch the subjecy by doing another effect that boggles the mind and the effect of the last trick will sorta remove the memory of the one before it. As long as you dn't mention the pen again you'll be fine. That's the method I've used for years.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 11:06 pm 
Penguin

All pen thru dollars are examinable. I wonder if something went wrong but neway let him keep questioning himself. Don't need to tell him and soon he'll forget about it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 1:13 am 
Penguin

I had this problem. The guy is on my bowling team and I see him every week. He ribbed me for three weeks that he knew how I did it. This is what I did. I found someone else in the league that actually did know how it was done. I bought a second pen through and gave it to the other guy the night they were next to us. I finally said OK I'll do the trick for you again. I did it and he said right on cue that I did it "such and such a way. It's the pen and you always use that pen. with that said I said I can do it with any pen and said who else has a pen. My confederate had it in his shirt pocket and said here. I did the trick with the deluxe pen. Said ok smart A$$. and went up and shot my strke as he was scratching his head.Hasn't said a word since about it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 3:29 am 
Emperor Penguin

I don't have a Pen Thru Dollar trick (yet). I've been gathering info on the pros and cons of the different models (you may have seen my topic on the Advice board). But I was thinking about buying 2 models just for that very reason. Because if someone suspected the pen, you could (prove) it isn't the pen by following up and doing the trick with another pen. In fact I'm giving serious consideration to buying all 3 of Penguins models just for that reason.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 1:34 pm 
born to perform.

If you do go with all three models, frigid, you will give us a good review of them, right? :-) There was some debate about which is better in the Penguin's only section, but no one really knew or owned all the models.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 3:32 pm 
Penguin

You also might want to look into one of the inpromptu methods of pen/pencil thru bill. Any pen, any bill, anytime. If someone thinks they might know how I did it the first time I usally throw in the inpromptu method a little while later. Dan Harlan has one on his Close Up tape.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:23 pm 
Penguin

i might get all 3 models too, rite now i'm on stealth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 6:07 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I already have Misled, but I think a Pen Through (or 2 or 3) would be nice to have as a follow for the "non-believers".

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 9:46 pm 
Penguin

Ok i would like to get another pen thru trick BUT i cant because i just made one order and i am only thirteen so there are some problems there now i am confused as to what to do and i dont know how to any impromtu pen thru tricks so i am kinda stuck i guess i will never show the pen to him again.............

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 2:21 am 
Penguin

I have an idea but I can't tell you here. e-mail merkurtz@sc.rr.com It might work

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 9:03 pm 
Penguin

i tried emailing you but it didnt work it said "merkurtz@sc.rr.com The user's email name is not found."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 12:39 am 
Penguin

sorry there is supposed to be a space between me and email rkurtz@sc.rr.com