View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Penguin Affiliate Program
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 11:23 pm 
Penguin

I know Penguin Magic is a fairly new company but I was just wondering if anyone had any experience or insights on this program and if it's worth the effort or if anyone knows of any other online magic shops offering an affiliate opportunity that I should check out. I'm just concerned about being sure I will be credited for any sales refered by my links. I've already emailed penguin with a couple of questions but haven't received a response yet. Their affiliate info states they provide many banners etc. for us to use and click through info from the links we place on our site but I don't see this or when I check the cookie I don't see my affiliate ID listed. I've started putting together my own site about magic for the fun of it, http://magic.medfordhost.net, let me know what you think. When I can get the video equipment I will post some videos of my techniques for performing some of my favorite tricks. These will each be password protected for only those I know have purchased the tricks, for example i'll post the access info in the penguins only discussions. E-mail me at corey@medfordhost.net if you'd like. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Penguin Affiliate Program
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 10:56 am 
born to perform.

Just make sure you don't emphasize buying the tricks too much, noone likes it if you're just like "OMG YOU HAVE TO OWN THIS IT IS GREAT, CLICK ON THAT BANNER NOW!!1" and do ALT descriptions so it doesnt seem appearent you're getting a referral.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 5:43 pm 
born to perform.

The Magic Cafe has a banner on their site currently. I've seen it on many other sites also but I can't think of any now. I'm sure they wouldn't affer a program that didn't work. Other sites do offer affiliate programs, but I don't think their $ return is near PM's.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 2:15 am 
Penguin

Thanks for the feedback guys and for your reassurance Acar :)