View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Top 3 Board Ideas
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:17 pm 
born to perform.

Here's a quote from ACAR from another discussion: "What we'd like to hear are comments about the top 3 things you'd like changed/added to the boards." This is a little more visable, so why not put comments here. I'll work on some later. (Am at work---oops)

Post subject: Re: Top 3 Board Ideas
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:31 pm 

lets be nicer to eachother, I sound like a hippy, but really I don't want to hear people insulting eachother, it gets old after awhile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 4:00 pm 
born to perform.

To me this board seems a bit...unorganized compared to many other message boards...but it isn't something that really NEEDS to be changed

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 4:02 pm 
born to perform.

Amen to that Bravesaint.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 4:25 pm 
Penguin

One thing is make it more like www.themagiccafe.com . By that i mean let people say "TT" and "IT" and have a place like secret sessions at the magic cafe where you can discuss "secrets" as the people of penguinmagic say.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 5:09 pm 
born to perform.

Location: I shall not capitulate... no never. I may be destroyed, but if I am, I shall drag a world with me...
Hey acar, you can always switch over to VB, or invision board. Do a quick search on google and you can find em. It'd be alot easier than coding all this stuff. And make moderators, to watch over the forums. But dont make it like magiccafe with 5000 forums.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 5:33 pm 
born to perform.

Top three things I woul dliek to see in teh forums would be a search function. I have, many times, looked bacck through a lot of stuff, a page at a time to find a post that I knew I had read before. I'd like to see "Registering" with custimazation for each user. Maybe I want to read everything threaded. Maybe someone once to read all teh messages a a flat page. In customizations, we could have signature lines and if we so choose a profile that others can see. I'd also like to see Private Messages. Maybe I could send a private message to Person_X and discuss what we want. I do not want to give out my private E-mail on a board. If a person wants to message me privately, then I can get that message next time I log-in.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 5:36 pm 
born to perform.

Acar, as far as "Secret Areas" go, We already have them with the Penguin's area. I think it is a good rewards system for those that purchase from PenguinMagic. If you want to make a special area, maybe do it for "Gold Members." That would be people who order 400 dollars worth of merchandise.---Oh, My spouse just said, "See if you can get a paid position at PenguinMagic." lol. It seems I've been here a lot lately. :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 5:55 pm 
Penguin

I completly agree with Flogger. A gold members section would be nice or even if you have bought like 10 things or so, in the newsletter you send you could giva a special code to get into the "Rookies Room" or something on that sort- Danny

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 7:24 pm 
Penguin

Well, I completely agree with the area for more advanced magicians but there are some of us that while we don't buy a lot, do have a lot to contribute. How about a list of several questions to answer that only an experienced magician would know? or maybe the password would be the answer to a question... There's alredy a section for shoppers, but one for actual experienced magicians I think is necessary.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 7:24 pm 
Penguin

Well, I completely agree with the area for more advanced magicians but there are some of us that while we don't buy a lot, do have a lot to contribute. How about a list of several questions to answer that only an experienced magician would know? or maybe the password would be the answer to a question... There's alredy a section for shoppers, but one for actual experienced magicians I think is necessary.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 7:27 pm 
Penguin

Oh and I don't know how good an idea this is but a user profile might be good to see. So we can get an idea of who we're taking advice from and their type of experience.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 8:38 pm 
Penguin

Wow, hehe acar quoted me. ummm make it like the magic cafe, so that you dont needa buy any thing and you can talk about METHODS of magic not cartain "tricks" as you people say. Like let ppl talk about card culling and palming and different double lifts and effects that are in BOOKS, and stuff like. Nobody cares if you reveal "do as I do" so why not let these striving people learn the effect? -Max

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 8:43 pm 
Penguin

For example acar, a thumbtip. People that do have one will know what it is and if they support penguinmagic then they will buy one. I don't think it's right having the effect (actually the prop, probably the most versatile prop in magic) be called a different name and having it be a mystery. I got an idea yesterday to use a thumbtip for balncing a card on the back of your hand. See we could have people give ideas like that in the secret room. I don;t think there are many customers buy a thumbtip (or the rip off other name of it) just to figure out the "secret". most of them will actually use one and hopefully right (I have heard people complaining about how they are too obvious... lol). I mean here's a question from me to you acar, do most people buy a pen thru bill to learn the secret or too perform it? Did you notice on most sites they "reveal" how it works? Why not do that here and the people would still be buying the stuff. -Max