View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: healed and sealed WHy?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 9:04 pm 
born to perform.

I know there have been a lot of posts on this subject. Part of the reason i think there have been so many posts, is that no on e explains there reasons why it sucks or why it is good. I have seen mixed reviews and i want to know-is this a good trick? If so or not, WHY?

Post subject: Re: healed and sealed WHy?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 9:34 pm 
Penguin

My Opinion of H/S is that it's very good! I did this for my wife who is first to see new effects as it helps me on performance and recognizing if any additional practice may be necessary. She is very keen now over the years of me doing magic of "what to look for" anyways.. when I did this she gave me a raised eyebrow during the healing of the can, but when I popped the top and began drinking it she had an open mouth.. I immediately knew "I got her". This was strange too for me since I didn't give much weight to this trick. But after that response from her I knew I had a winner. This is a nice effect and fun to do. As far as guys her saying it sucks or is good comes down to one thing.. It's simply an opinion therefore you will normally see "it's good" or "It's bad". Secondly this trick relies on presentation and a lil acting. But as I found out "This is strong and goes over very well" at least it did for me.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 9:37 pm 

This, hopefully, will be the final say on Healed and Sealed, a trick which has struck more curiosity on any forum than any other trick I've ever seen. In short, its good; but it's not that good. Now, without further ado, my unbiased review. Healed and Sealed is not impromptu but it can be prepared to seem impromptu. If you are new to magic, it is not a trick for tough cookies. A non-skeptic will look at it with amazement. It is not difficult, but it requires handling that may seem unnatural if you are not going to practice it. Essentially, its examinable, but not bulletproof. It can be screwed up if your are not so comfortable with the preparations that it is completely natural and under your control. There are things people can see if theyre looking too closely, but there are also ways to cover this. The downfall behind this trick is that it's hard to make look subtle, and thats what its all about. This is for the performer. This is for the actor. This trick needs to be seasoned, but, once it is, Healed and Sealed is magic. -- Dan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 11:22 pm 
born to perform.

I have a review on this trick. It is located at http://penguinmagic.com/bbs.php?categor ... eadID=6009

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 4:16 pm 

I think healed and sealed is great. Great! I do it all the time up here, and it gets good reactions everytime. It's a trick that depends greatly on the way in which its performed. I don't just walk up to people with an empty can and do it. I set the bad boy up and wait for the perfect time. I have made a group of full grown men run away from me screaming solely on this trick. Not a lot of tricks do that. I think HS is great, but its not going to be some great gimmick that does all the work for you...you going to have to practice it and work on a good performance for you to make it a miracle.