View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Book & DVD/VHS combo?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 1:45 pm 
Penguin

I have seen a number of what appear to be excellent recommendations on these boards about which books or videos to purchase. Anmar, Wilson, Sankey, McBride, etc. My question is, are there any book/video combos out there? I am talking about something along the lines of a book that for example would describe a DL. The book would describe the mechanics of the sleight and then say something like, “OK, now start the video to see an demonstration of how it is performed.” I like the amount of material that a book provides, but I often have difficulty visualizing multi-stepped sleights. Videos have been very helpful in that respect. I know that I could probably find books and videos that I could kind of match up on my own, but I was curious to know if any already existed. I know many magicians have both book and videos, but have any combined them together? Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Book & DVD/VHS combo?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 5:27 pm 
Penguin

I've never seen any that combine together... I've seen books that have been adapted into videos but usually the video has much less information than the book would. It's just like any movie adapted from a book, you always leave saying "it was good but the book was better".