View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: My book
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 10:12 pm 
Penguin

I am writting a book and i was wondering if you guys could e-mail me with some things that might of happened to you(good or bad) times that would stick in your head for a long time. So if you could e-mail me that would be great dannyt55@juno.com thanks-Danny

Post subject: Re: My book
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 10:55 pm 
born to perform.

May I ask what genra you have chosen to write in? It would help into what thoughts you have in mind. Take care-B

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 10:56 pm 
born to perform.

Location: I shall not capitulate... no never. I may be destroyed, but if I am, I shall drag a world with me...
Yeah, whats this book all about? Just about peoples memories?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 11:05 pm 
Penguin

well i started it with my first memory of performing a trick on a stranger amd it takes place in the '90. But i was thinking of of using all the really good things people have done and creating a character and putting him in all the settings. If you have an idea you can tell me thanks- Danny

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 11:18 pm 
born to perform.

Kick it up a notch and make your character have real magic in a every day world and not know how to deal with it. Just a thought. ( Not Harry Potter)_

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 11:18 pm 
born to perform.

Location: I shall not capitulate... no never. I may be destroyed, but if I am, I shall drag a world with me...
Make a book that will focus on performing tricks. Like how to get spectators more involved, how to make simple tricks amazing tricks, misdirection tips, etc. Tell how to make the simple tricks you perform look like real magic. What im trying to say is making a book on performance i think would be better than a book on tricks. Since most of us dont have that many original effects...Maybe make its a website? or a e-book. After you get your name around you can start to print copies, etc.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 11:19 pm 
born to perform.

O_o I like busters idea. Make a book have a character, a beginner who just started. And show how to get through tough situations like when spectators say "hey do that again" or "can i see that deck of cards"?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 11:11 am 
Penguin

Thats a good idea!! I could read through some previos forums and take some stuff out!! Keep up with the sugestions there good!!-Danny

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 11:23 am 
Penguin

have you guys read David Copperfield's Beyond Amagination book. Because in the second chapter its about a man who does magic but he doesnt do anything amazing until he meats a girl who can make things vanish by just thinking it. sorta like that or just a book for newb's-Danny

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 11:27 am 
born to perform.

Hmm, its really all up to you. Do you think you know enough to write a whole book about magic? If not, I would go with the character thing..

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 11:29 am 
Penguin

submagi, are you and me always on at the same time?? like last night!! lol e-mail me sumagi and we can talk!! -Danny oh sorry about that message last night:(

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 11:36 am 
Penguin

heres my address dannyt55@juno.com

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:25 pm 
born to perform.

bah i hate e-mail, takes too long, do you have AOL instant messengering? if so, IM me at digit4ldezine

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:52 pm 
Penguin

I have a block on my computer so it doesnt let IM go through. i hate it!!!!-Danny