View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Question for young magicians here...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 11:49 am 
born to perform.

Hey guys: Do you do magic at school? Most likely you do so heres my question: Do you ever get that one know it all person who thinks he knows how to do everything, he grabs stuff without asking but always wants to see more magic? What are your experiences hat have happened with this kid? What have you dont to prevent it? I have a few of those in my school and I just dont do tricks for them anymore even though they ask for one every day. While were on the school subject, whats the best effect that you have recieved the best responses for? My response: Honestly, I would have to say Nickels to Dimes. I brought it in last wednesday and it was the talk of the class. I have one kid in 3 classes, every class DO THE NICKEL TRICK DO THE NICKEL TRICK!!! I was so happy because it only cost $4 bucks. From a teacher the best response was scotch and soda-Hes an HTMl/compiter teacher. So we are all just minding our own business. I walk by this kid and slip the extra english penny under his mousepad. 10 minutes later I called my teacher over to where that mouse pad was. The kid at that mousepad was also watching and it was perfect, he had his hand right on the mousepad so it looked even better because he was holding it down weith his hand. I dothe trick...ok, but then i step away and ask the kid to take his hand off the mousepad and lift it up...and there it was...for days and days after that he came in..."that was so unbelievable"- I purchased S&S from penguin and sent them an email with that story and they oput it in their weekly newsletter! Im tellnig you it was the best rwxtion i have got EVER. I;d love to hear your other experiences! Josh

Post subject: Re: Question for young magicians here...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 11:59 am 
Penguin

ALRIGHT, I AM 14 and i did the s&s like you ecxept on my math teacher and a kid saw me do it and said it was rigged that i couldnt do it on him so i did it on him and the kid behind him wanted me to do it on him so right before i was about to do it my math teacher asked if i would do it for the class and eveyone just stared and the kid i did it on smiled and was like AWWWW. But the vanishing hankerchief had good responces also!!lol-Danny

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 2:05 pm 
born to perform.

I find it is not great to perform at school. Kids like that-i don't perform to them-but somehow they sneak behind me when i am doing a trick on someone else and try to figure it out. Though, most of the tricks i do they think they have figured it out, but they aren't even close. Its prettyu funny

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 2:43 pm 
Penguin

I agrre with hockey on that they think they figured it out. Like on scotch and soda they think i steal the penny, ha-Danny

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 2:48 pm 
born to perform.

I love when they have those ideas of exactly how its done and they try to rub it in your face and then you can disprove them and leave them in aww, then call them a moron and rub it in.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 5:42 pm 
Penguin

I know a guy who thinks he knows everything. He thought Color Monte was done by a color change. I was like yeah that's it just so he'd shut up. If I try to do a card trick for someone he'll stare at the cards the whole time and never look me in the eye so I just said forget it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 7:52 pm 
born to perform.

Location: I shall not capitulate... no never. I may be destroyed, but if I am, I shall drag a world with me...
I've never done a trick in schoo. All the attention it would bring would bother me. People begging to see another trick, then begging to know the secret. I perform for family and close friends..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 5:02 pm 
Penguin

I do perform at school. But my experiences are very similar to Josh's. Except i have five or six [edited] who only want to see magic so they can reveal my secrets. So feckers just do not appreciate entertainment.and it seems whoever i do a trick on, one of them suddenly turns up to my side or behind my back, and starts ducking and exploring evry single angle, hand movement and repeatedly demanding they examine every prop. and when i say no, they make a big deal out of it and act like they have figured out my trick. On a brighter note, tricks like the invisible deck and scotch and soda went down very well. i also got a really cool response from my business tacher with Mind Power deck. To this day he really believes i read his mind. TENDER!