View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Mismade Bills
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:25 pm 
Penguin

I got Darwin's Encyclopedia of TT Magic and liked the bill switch a lot. Jeoffrey Richards said that a possible effect was to change it to a mismade bill where the corners were all messed up and stuff and I was wondering if Penguin supplied these bills.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:23 pm 
Penguin

Mis-made dollar bill.......... here's a link

http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorde ... hp?ID=6535

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:54 pm 
Penguin

I was wondering whether or not penguin had them in like a bundle of mis-made bills. Like a pack of twenty or fifty for like five or ten dollars. not thirteen dollars for one....

P.S. I don't mean like fifty for ten dollars I mean like maybe twenty or something. I'm not that cheap, but if they do than I would be fine with that. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:04 pm 

This is real money. It takes some effort to buy an uncut sheet of treasury bills and cut them up. Not all the bills are usable as some are destroyed. You will never find these for less than face value. I'd be surprised if you found them sold individually for less than four times face value.

A sheet of 32 bills ($55 from the U.S. Treasury) will give you only 21 mismade bills and 20 scraps of useless paper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:32 pm 
Penguin

Okay then, I didn't know that it was real money that you cut up. (Then again it would be stealing if you took a one and turned it into a fake mixed up bill). But thanks for clearing that up. Thank you, that is all I needed to know. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:09 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Waiting as a final load under a very large set of cups. It is dark......
DaveV wrote:
This is real money. It takes some effort to buy an uncut sheet of treasury bills and cut them up. Not all the bills are usable as some are destroyed. You will never find these for less than face value. I'd be surprised if you found them sold individually for less than four times face value.

A sheet of 32 bills ($55 from the U.S. Treasury) will give you only 21 mismade bills and 20 scraps of useless paper.

DaveV, how the h*** do you know all this stuff? You are a really good source of information. How long have you been doing magic?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:47 am 

Over 30 years. Coming up on my 25th year in IBM, when I get the Merlin award. But that's beside the point.

This one was simple math. Uncut sheets are 4x8 for 32 bills. Sketch it out like I did and make the cuts. All the bills on the edges are lost, leaving 21 mismade bills out of the center of the sheet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:14 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Waiting as a final load under a very large set of cups. It is dark......
DaveV wrote:
Over 30 years. Coming up on my 25th year in IBM, when I get the Merlin award. But that's beside the point.

This one was simple math. Uncut sheets are 4x8 for 32 bills. Sketch it out like I did and make the cuts. All the bills on the edges are lost, leaving 21 mismade bills out of the center of the sheet.

Congratulations on the Merlin award! This will be my 1st year joining IBM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:28 am 
born to perform.

Bicycle12 wrote:
DaveV wrote:

Congratulations on the Merlin award! This will be my 1st year joining IBM.

Congratulations.

That suck abit how in America their is so much support for magic, we only have 1 society i think its IBM but its a good 400km from my home and im not travelling that far not even once a month :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:27 am 
Penguin

mismade bill

Last edited by magickidd786 on Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:57 am 
born to perform.

The Bureau of Engraving and Printing (BEP) sells various sheets of uncut 1 and 2 dollar notes (4, 16, and 32 per sheet) through the mail. They cycle through the various Federal Reserve Banks over time. The cost varies from $10.25 (4 one dollar notes) to $79.00 (32 two dollar notes in a cardboard frame). You can order these from...

Order Processing Center
Bureau of Engraving and Printing
P.O. Box 371594
Pittsburgh, PA 15250-7594

(202)874-3315

They take checks, Visa, MC, or money order. Sheets may be ordered flat or rolled, and, officially, take 4-6 weeks to ship but may vary a lot more than that.