View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:08 pm 
born to perform.

k_dacalio wrote:
if that is daniel madisons card trick then why is it raza [sp?] doing it and not him?
I figured there had to be help somewhere in the trick but you can pause it and the card does appear on the knife before contact with the door.

Correction, the card appears on the door not on the knife.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:09 pm 
Penguin

oh? i thought it was on the knife where i paused it. leme go through and see if i can get the numbers/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:23 pm 
born to perform.

He's right. The card appears on the knife before it hits the door. It's a split second before, but I slowed it down and watched it frame by frame. His hand sort of blocks it, but it can be seen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:56 pm 
born to perform.

MichalAngelo wrote:
He's right. The card appears on the knife before it hits the door. It's a split second before, but I slowed it down and watched it frame by frame. His hand sort of blocks it, but it can be seen.

The knife moves and the card doesn't. Are you sure?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:09 pm 
born to perform.

It looks as though the card comes out from the side. As I said, his hand sort of blocks it, so it's really hard to tell, but that's what I think I'm seeing. However, I COULD be wrong. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:39 pm 
Penguin

i thought it might be him boomeranging the card into the knife but im not sure how plausable that could be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:30 pm 
Penguin

No, That vid is edited..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:36 pm 
born to perform.

jonen94 wrote:
No, That vid is edited..

Here's a crazy shock - they admit that the video is edited :shock:

Their posistion is that peple should just take their word for it that the effect looks the same in real life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:55 am 
Penguin

Noone says thet... If your dumb enough to actually buy this and thik its gonna look the same way...Then your dumb.. But this is just a show off vid, not the vid for that actuall trick. Btw, He just says " This is the trick sold here on T11, but this video is edited"....Keep that in mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:01 pm 
born to perform.

jonen94 wrote:
Noone says thet... If your dumb enough to actually buy this and thik its gonna look the same way...Then your dumb.. But this is just a show off vid, not the vid for that actuall trick. Btw, He just says " This is the trick sold here on T11, but this video is edited"....Keep that in mind.

Keep in mind that this effect and this video have been around alot longer than you jonen.

This has been discussed at far greater length at the magiccafe.
People called Raza on posting an edited video as soon as he put it up (in late 2007 I believe) - he referred to it as a demonstration of David Madison's "whatever it's called" effect. Madison himself later admited that the video was in fact edited, but "It was edited to make a cleaner video - it really does look like that in real life."

In other words - we edited the video, but take my word for it looking as good as we claim.

Post subject: Re: They Will Know
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:57 pm 
born to perform.

Mensan wrote:
The police CAN-if they choose-perform a "Stop & Frisk"...withOUT any cause, reasonable suspicion, etc. Frisking you, and finding a knife on you is all they need to arrest you. When they do, that "everybody in my school does it" line is NOT going to help you. It will just cause the cops to stop & frisk more kids from your school. When others find out that YOU are to blame for that, you will have real problems...with kids who want revenge.

Well you can carry a weapon legally, as long as it ISN'T concealed (of course this is only in most of the states).
If you want to carry a concealed weapon, you must have a CPL.

As for "brandishing a weapon," here in Washington, you can't be arrested unless you have out the weapon with intent to threaten another person's safety. If it is for a magic trick, opening stuff, cutting open packaging, etc. it's legal.

The other clause is "no-knife zones" which are mainly schools, and airports.

Post subject: Re: They Will Know
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:09 am 
born to perform.

cameronb wrote:
Mensan wrote:
The police CAN-if they choose-perform a "Stop & Frisk"...withOUT any cause, reasonable suspicion, etc. Frisking you, and finding a knife on you is all they need to arrest you. When they do, that "everybody in my school does it" line is NOT going to help you. It will just cause the cops to stop & frisk more kids from your school. When others find out that YOU are to blame for that, you will have real problems...with kids who want revenge.

Well you can carry a weapon legally, as long as it ISN'T concealed (of course this is only in most of the states).
If you want to carry a concealed weapon, you must have a CPL.

As for "brandishing a weapon," here in Washington, you can't be arrested unless you have out the weapon with intent to threaten another person's safety. If it is for a magic trick, opening stuff, cutting open packaging, etc. it's legal.

The other clause is "no-knife zones" which are mainly schools, and airports.

Simply wearing the knife on a belt clip gets around "concealed weapon" laws.

The last time I was searched (3 days ago) the officer asked if I had any weapons on my person, I said yes, and he asked me to put them on the hood of my car. He examined several of them, asked what kind of material one was made of, said "cool" several times, and returned them. All of the items where concealed - he never asked for a permit (then again, C&C permits are typically only for firearms).

Most cops don't care about hassling you if they dont think you're up to something. In my case - I actually WAS acting suspicious. None the less, the officer was nice about it.

In any case, if you're under 18, you have no business carrying a knife. I credit alot of my lack-of-hassling to looking like a business man. Secondly, I carry functional knifves and weapons - not gawdy showpieces like the one seen in the mentioned video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:17 am 
Penguin

i didnt say that its a bad effect, did I?

Anyways, I like it.. so you dont have to be so angry...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:28 pm 
born to perform.

jonen94 wrote:
i didnt say that its a bad effect, did I?

Anyways, I like it.. so you dont have to be so angry...

1: I don't see how whether or not you said it was a bad effect is relevant.
2: The effect is good - it's been around for a long time - this particular version is just bogus.
3: Feel free to point out where I sound angry - no such areas will be found.

jonen94 wrote:

You "like the effect" but you said people where "dumb" if they believed it looked like they show in the video.
You told me not to sound so angry, but the rant above was posted by you. . . ?

Interesting pattern.

Post subject: Re: Pocket knife mid-air card stab
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:48 am 
Penguin

my friends and I are loving the effect that card.

Last edited by DavidBatista on Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.