View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: John Kennedy Magic, worth the money?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:35 am 
Penguin

I was looking through a bunch of John Kennedy's magic effects, and there were quite a few that I thought were absolutely mind blowing. And then I would look at the price tag and wonder why in the world they're so darn expensive. Here's a list of some of the effects I would love to purchase, but I would like some other Magician's inputs on them, to see if they're worth the money that they're selling for:

Sonic Silver - $29.95
Description: Three coins vanish from your hand and reappear with a loud clink inside of a coffee cup. It seems impossible because no one is near the cup!

Hummingbird Reel - $69.95
Description: Make silks, dollar bills, etc. fly 20 feet through the air and into your hand with this miniature electronic reel!

Z-Webs - $19.95

Description: Z-Webs is an invisible thread dispenser that you carry around in your pocket. It is definitely not a reel! Z-Webs contains 70 filaments of the highest quality invisible thread. Each reusable filament is about five feet long and can be locked at any length you need. A "Floating Bill" routine is included. What makes it such a practical thread dispensing system?

Ultimate Floating Bill - $14.95
Description: Make a borrowed bill float in midair like magic. John Kennedy's handling and gimmick allow you to perform anytime, anywhere!

Impossible Matrix - $14.95
Description: Three coins assemble underneath two cards in the most impossible manner!

Mind Power Deck - $39.95
Description: You concentrate and reads people's minds, revealing their thought-of cards with amazing accuracy! Made in red-backed Bicycle playing cards.

Flight Deck - $298.00
Description: Make coins appear magically inside any glass, even when held by a spectator!

Power Reel - $98.00
Description: Make a silk handkerchief or streamer fly around like magic!

Now, after I accumulated some of the John Kennedy Magic Illusions that happen to really impress me, so if anyone is reading this, and happen own any number of the tricks listed below this paragraph. Please let me know if they're worth the expensive price tag that John Kennedy is charging. Here are the Magic Illusions that I am most interested in:

Z-Webs - Sonic Silver - Hummingbird Reel - Ultimate Floating Bill - Impossible Matrix - Mind Power Deck - Power Reel

So I hope that I can hear from someone that might be able to help me choose one of the Illusions that is actually worth buying, or if they'll just collect dust sitting on my Wall of Magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:00 pm 
Emperor Penguin

John makes supurb products. His reels are top-notch. His products are worth every penny.

I have several of his products in my personal collection. Hummingbird Reel and Mind Power Deck come to mind. Excellent quality.

I was skeptical with his Flight Deck when one of my customers requested I bring it in. But my customer was very very happy with it if I recall.

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:29 pm 
born to perform.

Impossible Matrix is clever but not suitable for all situations. I like the concept though, and it does look great if done well. Mind Power Deck is one of the best effects out there, and I HIGHLY recommend it.

-JT

Post subject: Re: John Kennedy Magic, worth the money?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:23 pm 
Penguin

Rozzerdog wrote:
I was looking through a bunch of John Kennedy's magic effects, and there were quite a few that I thought were absolutely mind blowing. And then I would look at the price tag and wonder why in the world they're so darn expensive. Here's a list of some of the effects I would love to purchase, but I would like some other Magician's inputs on them, to see if they're worth the money that they're selling for:

Sonic Silver - $29.95
Description: Three coins vanish from your hand and reappear with a loud clink inside of a coffee cup. It seems impossible because no one is near the cup!

Can easily be done with sleight of hand, basically an unnecessary gimmick.

Hummingbird Reel - $69.95
Description: Make silks, dollar bills, etc. fly 20 feet through the air and into your hand with this miniature electronic reel!

Well worth it, pretty well made

Z-Webs - $19.95

Description: Z-Webs is an invisible thread dispenser that you carry around in your pocket. It is definitely not a reel! Z-Webs contains 70 filaments of the highest quality invisible thread. Each reusable filament is about five feet long and can be locked at any length you need. A "Floating Bill" routine is included. What makes it such a practical thread dispensing system?

Don't have this one.

Ultimate Floating Bill - $14.95
Description: Make a borrowed bill float in midair like magic. John Kennedy's handling and gimmick allow you to perform anytime, anywhere!

Nor this one, but I might get it soon.

Impossible Matrix - $14.95
Description: Three coins assemble underneath two cards in the most impossible manner!

As others say, you might need another magic tool to perform this, but if you're a close up artist you should be fine.

Mind Power Deck - $39.95
Description: You concentrate and reads people's minds, revealing their thought-of cards with amazing accuracy! Made in red-backed Bicycle playing cards.

One of my favorite mind reading decks. The method alone is worth far more than the trick is priced.

Flight Deck - $298.00
Description: Make coins appear magically inside any glass, even when held by a spectator!

You're pretty much blowing $300 on what you can easily do with sleight of hand.

Power Reel - $98.00
Description: Make a silk handkerchief or streamer fly around like magic!

Don't have it, but judging by the quality of the Hummingbird Reel, it should be pretty good.

Now, after I accumulated some of the John Kennedy Magic Illusions that happen to really impress me, so if anyone is reading this, and happen own any number of the tricks listed below this paragraph. Please let me know if they're worth the expensive price tag that John Kennedy is charging. Here are the Magic Illusions that I am most interested in:

Z-Webs - Sonic Silver - Hummingbird Reel - Ultimate Floating Bill - Impossible Matrix - Mind Power Deck - Power Reel

So I hope that I can hear from someone that might be able to help me choose one of the Illusions that is actually worth buying, or if they'll just collect dust sitting on my Wall of Magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:38 am 
born to perform.

Location: Ruby city next to the Emerald city. Bob is wearing the Emerald Sneakers.
I hated my hummingbird reel. Everyone that I practiced on (being my family and one of my dad's friends) could see the IT and it broke and I had to pay for them to fix it and it was too expensive so it is just sitting in my closet now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:15 pm 
Penguin

Thank you all very, very much for the tremendous amount of feedback and it has really made it easier on which of his specialty magic devices I want to purchase.

Cheers everyone! :wink: