View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Cyril takayama head drop effect
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:57 am 
Penguin

Anyone know how I can get the head drop that low?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtWEb2hs6lU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ-dcgUKKas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:59 am 
Penguin

Not asking for any one to reveal it to me, just some direction.

Book, equipment, product etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:32 pm 
born to perform.

The effect you're looking for is called "Head off Shoulders". Cyril's version of the effect will run you about $20,000. I should know, I spoke with Enrique DelaVega (Cyril's right-hand-man) about the effect a few years ago. Harry Knight developed a much more affordable version that you can build yourself for about $20.00 or less. I worked with him on the development and marketing of the effect, so I AM authorized by Harry to distribute the material. It's a booklet that explains the method clearly. It's also available in PDF form, too. I may have a copy lying around if you want it, or you can search for it online. The last I saw, it was selling for about $55 in a very select few online shops. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:30 pm 
born to perform.

MichalAngelo wrote:
The effect you're looking for is called "Head off Shoulders". Cyril's version of the effect will run you about $20,000. I should know, I spoke with Enrique DelaVega (Cyril's right-hand-man) about the effect a few years ago. Harry Knight developed a much more affordable version that you can build yourself for about $20.00 or less. I worked with him on the development and marketing of the effect, so I AM authorized by Harry to distribute the material. It's a booklet that explains the method clearly. It's also available in PDF form, too. I may have a copy lying around if you want it, or you can search for it online. The last I saw, it was selling for about $55 in a very select few online shops. :wink:

Are you serious? I saw this effect for free somewhere online. Plus I showed the trick to another kid and he said, "That's easy. All you gotta' do is..." I wouldn't spend the money on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:57 pm 
born to perform.

Yep. I'm serious. However, I wasn't offerring to SELL it to him. Also, keep in mind that I said it was marketed a coupe of years ago. I'm sure there have been enough YouTube videos out there that most people can figure out how it's done by watching poor performances done. I haven't checked the price in a loooong time. If you found it for free online, great. It's not MY effect, so I'm not that worried about it. I just added what I know about the effect, which is what he asked for. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:02 pm 
Penguin

Thanks for the tips. I have been looking around and found out that Cyril got the effect from Kawakami Ikuko (according to what I found). I watched her performance and got a few more ideas.

The trouble I'm having is the placement of his arms, and how his body seems straight while retaining height. I have a few ideas though...

I dont want to "repeat" the effect, and I believe that his secrets are his artistic right. I do however believe that knowledge of the effect will be useful sometime in the future.

It's a great effect, in the right hands.

Oh yeah and MichalAngelo, you say you helped with bringing an effect to market? I have a couple if your interested....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:39 pm 
born to perform.

Casa_nova wrote:
Oh yeah and MichalAngelo, you say you helped with bringing an effect to market? I have a couple if your interested....

I appreciate the offer, but I have enough of my time tied up in my own material on the market right now. Two books, and one in the works. If you'd like, I can give you some pointers or help you out, but I'm not taking on any more projects right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:18 pm 
Penguin

That would be appreciated, I'll PM you my E-mail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:27 pm 
born to perform.

PM duly noted and replied to. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:15 pm 
Penguin

Anyone know where i can buy this trick? cuz i'd like to perform this as well <3 thanks Guys!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:54 am 
Penguin

There is more than enough info here to figure the trick out. Do a small search, then take what you find and come up with your own routine/gimmick. this way it becomes uniquely yours.

Perhaps add a rope through body but do it to your neck?

You could even get some faux hands and do a dismemberment routine.

Or if you want something more family friendly get some tubing to match your skin and do a giraffe effect.

Do however take the time to make it perfect though....

Best of luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:58 am 
Penguin

Oh there I've gone and done it... I could've used those...