View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Berglas Effect
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:38 pm 
Penguin

I have been searching for a trick that is great to just sit down and preform.
i think that this would be a very good investment, but, i don't know where to find it.
I know that it will involve memorization and set up either way i find it a very strong effect.

if anybody knows where i could learn this ACAN effect i would be very happy.
:D
Or
:?
if you own the effect and it is not worth the time please let me know

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:09 pm 
Penguin

As far as I know, this effect is not on the market anywhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:24 pm 
Penguin

I have seen 2 people preform this effect for me
and now that i know what the trick is the next time i see them I'm going to ask them how they got their hands on it but for now i know somebody must know

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:38 pm 
born to perform.

"Meant To Be..." By John Born is one of my favourite books. It contains Born's handling of the ACAAN effect. It is soooo clean and so deceptive. There is memorization involved and hours of practise are needed but it's totally worth it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:24 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Waiting as a final load under a very large set of cups. It is dark......
revelation77 wrote:
"Meant To Be..." By John Born is one of my favourite books. It contains Born's handling of the ACAAN effect. It is soooo clean and so deceptive. There is memorization involved and hours of practise are needed but it's totally worth it.

Thanks. I was looking into getting that book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:08 pm 
born to perform.

It has always been my understanding that the basic methodology of the Berglas Effect is in a book written by David Britland called "The Mind & Magic of David Berglas" However, it is not written in a way that you would be able to follow along and learn the effect without having to do some homework on your own. Thus, the myths & legends were born and created about this extraordinary piece of magic.

That being said, David Britland has his own Blogspot on the Internet where he has explored many different variations of this ACAAN. The one that pops into my mind right away which is a diabolically ingenious...Britland calls "The Bogus Effect" You can find more information about this by searching around for Britland's site Cardopolis

Unfortunately, I cannot place a direct link to Cardopolis...as it is a site that teaches all the effects discussed. You'll have to do your own searching around to find it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:16 pm 
born to perform.

bLiNdSiDe wrote:
It has always been my understanding that the basic methodology of the Berglas Effect is in a book written by David Britland called "The Mind & Magic of David Berglas" However, it is not written in a way that you would be able to follow along and learn the effect without having to do some homework on your own. Thus, the myths & legends were born and created about this extraordinary piece of magic.

That being said, David Britland has his own Blogspot on the Internet where he has explored many different variations of this ACAAN. The one that pops into my mind right away which is a diabolically ingenious...Britland calls "The Bogus Effect" You can find more information about this by searching around for Britland's site Cardopolis

Unfortunately, I cannot place a direct link to Cardopolis...as it is a site that teaches all the effects discussed. You'll have to do your own searching around to find it.

WOW! That's a really, really, cool site!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:28 pm 
Penguin

That was such a big help
Ive been drooling over the computer for a ACAAN effect like the one
i saw my magic dealer preform and he told me that it would take a
lot of practice and im ready to buy it just as soon as it is restocked
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:11 pm 
Penguin

I just found 'The Mind & Magic of David Berglas' book... for $1000!!! :shock:

Post subject: Re: Berglas Effect
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:37 am 
Penguin

A new book by Richard Kauffman called the Berglas Effects, is coming out next month covering the card magic of David berglas, including extensive outlining of the acaan routine. Also, on the off chance it's any use to you, the State LIbrary of Victoria in Melbourne has a copy of the Mind and Magic of David Berglas for perusal. Whether that's any use for you depends on where you live.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:50 am 

I just think this is a magician's effect. The effect doesn't get nearly as good of a reaction as the thinking and work that goes into it deserves.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:55 am 
Penguin

I think any layman can understand the impact of a thought of card arriving at a thought of number without the magician ever touching he cards. Presented properly, with emphasis on the right attributes, it'll astound an audience as well as any other version of ACAAN, and it's cleaner.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:55 am 
born to perform.

exodus wrote:
I just think this is a magician's effect. The effect doesn't get nearly as good of a reaction as the thinking and work that goes into it deserves.

That's funny. Chris Beason and I had a conversation about a week ago in which we came to about the same conclusion.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:36 pm 
born to perform.

from what ive read, the berglas effect dosent work every time; its basically just chance and if it dosent work u dont do the trick.

but theirs also other stuff u can do to make it work, kind of; ur better off learning another version

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:33 pm 

StKildaFan wrote:
I think any layman can understand the impact of a thought of card arriving at a thought of number without the magician ever touching he cards. Presented properly, with emphasis on the right attributes, it'll astound an audience as well as any other version of ACAAN, and it's cleaner.

I'm sure they can understand how impossible of a situation it is, but wouldn't it be better to simply have someone name a card and then show the card on top of the pack? It's more direct, nothing to clutter the effect. In my mind, unless you've broken down the odds of it happening, which is usually a pretty boring thing to listen to the magi ramble on about numbers, it doesn't seem any more unlikely. That brings me to another point, it's an unlikely occurrence, not magic. Paul Vigil is a good friend and mentor of mine and he has a line that I love and caused me to reexamine a lot of my magic. Paul said "Magic isn't a 1 in a million. Magic is a 1 in a mother******* can't." Maybe I'm spoiled or jaded, and this is coming from someone that's played with the CAAN plot for a while, but it just never struck me as a great plot. I'd rather just produce a named card from my pocket, which is one of the strongest, least cluttered effects you can shoot for.