View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Book test performed by Rich Ferguson
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:03 pm 
Penguin

Watch the video below:

http://blog.ellusionist.com/rich-fergus ... interview/

Does anybody know what kind of book test he is doing? And where to get it?

And if you know, or has the trick yourself, how difficult and how practical is it?

I've watched the video several times now and it really fools me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:43 pm 
born to perform.

I believe that is going to be available on Rich's next release with E. It's a DVD called 'Tagged' that is going to include this book test along with a number of other mentalism tricks.

Post subject: you MUST check out TAGGED
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:47 am 
Penguin

YOu asked for it, it is included in TAGGED by RICH FERGUSON (ME) along with serious material for all levels, many methods, many tips, many effects, and more. YOU HAVE to check out what people are saying at E. I'll post one review here and you got from there.

:
"Tagged by Rich Fergusen - Initial Impressions
Hey guys - I'm going to give you my first impressions of Rich Ferguson's "Tagged"
I was lucky enough to be picked to receive an early review copy today, but I'm in no way obligated to give a positive review. In fact, here's what I was told:
"This should be an honest review, so do not praise it to the heavens just because you got a freebie".
Those that know me understand that if there are things I don't like, I say so... but with detail and why. So feel free to ask questions as long as you're not fishing - though I must say that as much as Rich has participated in the Q&A thread, I'm not sure you need me! Most of you also know know that I perform mostly mentalism effects focusing on PK and PKMB as well as more traditional mentalism mind reading. I also have over 20 years experience in magic over all. This isn't to brag, but to let you know where I'm coming from.

So OK - on to the video:

First of all, this thing is long. Almost 2 hours long and Rich covers e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g and more.
He says a few times early on, "We'll cover that later" when explaining one thing, and man does he ever come back to those things. In detail.

Man, where to start on this....?
Ok.

The basic effects are very, very strong and it's obvious that Rich has spent a lot of time developing this concept. I say "concept" because that is what you are learning here. Actually concepts. It's not so much an "effect" DVD as it is a thesis on the concepts involved. He starts easy, with effects you can do relatively soon after a good amount of practice, then moves on to some very advanced mentalism ideas, methods and concepts. If you never tag a soul, you'll learn so much in this DVD about reading specs, audience management, routining and performing that it's well worth the price for just that. You can look at this as a reference tool for multiple mentalism concepts, theories and methods.
Get the idea I liked it?
Yeah.
I loved this video.

The gimmick.
Yes - there IS a gimmick. Well... that's not entirely true.
There are multiple gimmicks... but you only need one. Cool, eh?
He teaches in detail how to make two different types and covers ideas and thoughts on many others...
You need only use one, the one you like best, but know that you have options. You need to take a quick visit to a store or two and you will need to spend a few more dollars - but not much.
I'd think you could be up and running for $10 or so. You can always add, expand, change, adapt, modify, at your leisure. There's not much work in making any of them (though some are more complicated and time consuming) and is well within the grasp of most.

Effects
The effects, as I said, are very strong. All of them. And there are a ton.
Watch the performance section. You'll want to again and again. He references back to them often with clips as he explains things and I was surprised at what I missed when he goes back to them. I didn't count, but there are numerous performances of many different effects. Pick what you want and go from there. Some are simple. Some will take some serious performance ability, experience and confidence. The cool thing is, you can start with the one you can do and as your skills develop, you can move on to the more complex, difficult and risky. Man I love risky. Magic lives in the risky.
Each are taught in minute detail.
The moves.
The motivation for the moves.
The psychology behind the moves.
The psychology and manipulation of the specs.
The build.
The reveal.
Everything. (Did I mention I love this vid?)

So for the advanced stuff? Man. Great.
Do you know Vernon's "The Trick That Can't Be Explained"?
Think of that on steroids. I bet Rich can do one edited of a TTCBE - because he teaches his own ideas here. Without exposure, he teaches to "go with the flow". To use what the spec gives you and take advantage of it. Not just here, in this effect - but all the time. What to look for, how to guide the thoughts of the spec, how to use everything given to you to your advantage. The concept can work for you in all of your magic in the same way to create something really special.
Cool, eh?
Yep.
Towards the end, he even throws out some ideas and thoughts for you to work out - no explanation given, just ideas to spark your creativity.

Teaching
Energetic and complete. Very enthusiastic. He really wants you to take this beyond the basics. That energy really comes through and it's very sincere. I'm sure he'd love to see videos of you guys using this in new ways and with ideas he hasn't thought of yet. There is all kinds of room for your personality, creativity and variations.

I could go on and on, but to try to wrap up:
As Rich mentioned in the Q&A thread - this is for you to work with and develop.
While many effects are taught, I don't view this as an "Effect DVD". It is a utility and concept.
While you can start with the basic effects shown, I think the true value in this video is the opportunities it opens for you to create your own miracles once you're acquainted with the multiple concepts covered. "

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:16 pm 
born to perform.

Location: France - Chuckling at funny posts - In the CPC members base
Check out my review is reviews section here.

By the way the dvd and booktest are great! Also the knowlage rich gives.