View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: where can I find this Ambitious Card trick
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:49 am 
Penguin

I was on the auction site and i saw this, very very good trick

this is similar to normal ambitious card trick, where the signed card always jump onto the top, but moreover, you can bend the card, put on the middle, it still jumps to top, visually.

can anyone tell me what is the name of this trick? i want to buy it

thank you very much

video http://vlog.xuite.net/vlog/guest/basic.php?media_id=QmIxemJSLTE1NjU4ODQuZmx2

http://tw.f5.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/e25836918[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:08 am 
Penguin

You can find it in the card college series. I believe No. 2, though I'd suggest reading them in order.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:08 am 
Penguin

You can find it in the card college series. I believe No. 2, though I'd suggest reading them in order.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:10 am 
Penguin

thank you for reply
is it gimmik card or sleight of hand?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:13 am 
Penguin

Sleight of hand, so it'll take some practice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:15 pm 
born to perform.

How much experience do you have with card magic and sleights?
From what I am reading (no offense intended), it appears you are a beginner.
The amount of practice you will need to put into it will depend on that.

Furthermore, you can learn the routine in Card College 2, but one very important move you need to know (if you don't know it already) is in Card College 1. So you'll have to buy both. However, if you have the money, I recommend doing so anyway, simply because those two books alone are worth their weight in gold.

Also, if you want to do it just as in the video, there are a few changes you will need to make to the routine in Card College 2 I'm sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:42 pm 
Penguin

yes u r correct
i am a beginner, just start to feel interest in magic
i have order about 11 tricks that i found interesting, and trying to order more, what i did was simply look thru web, find some effect that i think is awesome, and buy them.

I of cos, want to learn some basic sleight of hands to start with, i found book is harder to learn than video, do u agree?

i will order card college 1 and 2 first, to see if they help.

thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:45 pm 
born to perform.

It all depends on the person. I find that books are only harder to learn from because you can't SEE what it should look like in action.

Definitely buy CC 1 and 2. And TAKE YOUR TIME. I have been in volume one for three years, simply mastering every technique, and re-mastering the ones I learned to do the wrong way.
Of course, that isn't to say you can't just find the ACR routine, learn the necessary sleights, and read the rest afterward. :wink:

Also know that much of volume 2 is theory. So it won't be as jam-packed with sleights as volume 1, but it's just as valuable.

I just checked CC 2, and sure enough, it has the very move you want to learn, with the routine starting on page 337. In addition to that, he goes into the details of the construction of the ACR later in the book. That's good stuff to learn.

It's very important to remember not to get discouraged when a sleight has you at the end of your rope. Just keep practicing. I have been trying to perfect my multiple push-offs for months, and they are STILL frustrating. But I know it will pay off in the end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:02 pm 
born to perform.

One more thing: If you want to do the color changing thing at the end of the routine, I think you will need an Acrobatic Card, or something similar.
However, I can't imagine you would want to add a gimmick to an impromptu effect; it just makes things more messy (and you would need an extra deck, so...not worth it, in my opinion).

Bottom line: you can learn the "bent card" move in CC 2, along with an entire ACR routine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:40 pm 

Of course you must also understand that the guy in the yellow shirt was in on it and did the "dirty work" for the other magician. He wasn't challenging the magician, he was helping him.

And the final routine with the rope is a separate dealer's item from Daryl called his "Ultimate Ambition."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:48 pm 
Penguin

It is amazing that someone would buy $70 worth of books to learn a trick based on what two "strangers" said on a forum. They are worth it, but if they are your first books on magic, perhaps a more general magic book will give you a better introduction to the art of magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:02 pm 
born to perform.

DaveV is right. Don't think you can just do all of this stuff off the cuff. :lol:
What you want to learn is impromptu, but the rest certainly is not.

Ruse,
I was trying to say that if he wants to learn the moves, he can do so from CC, but that he should make the most of everything the books have to give, rather than just taking one thing from them.

thchang, I think CC is a great introduction to CARD magic. As for magic in general, I would recommend "Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic," "Now You See It, Now You Don't" by Bill Tarr, or Joshua Jay's "Complete Course" (from what I hear, it's a good introduction).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:29 am 
Penguin

you guys all been very helpful, and lead me to correct path.

That auction site, the seller is very misleading, cos he said this trick is done by gimmick, that's why he put the price so high.

It obviously confused me, made me think that the rope and bend part of the ACR were performed under gimmik

Cameronb, you are correct, the reason why i hate book over DVD is because I can only see the illustration, not the actual move, but again, sometimes the bad teacher on dvd did it too quick, without too much explanation, or camera angle is bad, thus result unable to learn.

I think the CC vol1 and 2 will be my first book to purchase.
thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:36 am 
Penguin

I just found out that Daryl - Ambitious Card Video DVD also teaches the routine on how to do that rope trick and bent trick, i will add that to that cart as well, do you think Daryl - Ambitious Card Video is the best amibitious card video against the ellusionist crash course 2 and others??

please give it final comment before i check out the cart :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:36 am 
Team Penguin

thchang wrote:
I just found out that Daryl - Ambitious Card Video DVD also teaches the routine on how to do that rope trick and bent trick, i will add that to that cart as well, do you think Daryl - Ambitious Card Video is the best amibitious card video against the [edited] crash course 2 and others??

please give it final comment before i check out the cart :)

Oh, Daryl's is ABSOLUTLY better than anything E can and will ever sell.

Buy it.