View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Coming soon...
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:37 pm 
born to perform.

I can't tell you the number of emails and PMs I get about my Sub-Trunk building plans. No, I'm not bragging or anything. Yes, they are still around, and yes, I believe (and some others will agree) that they are some of the best on the market for the Metamorphosis illusion. I say this because they just got BETTER. Coming soon, they'll be available on DVD. The DVD will take you step by step in building your own sub-trunk. You'll be able to visually see how to measure everything out, cutting the panels, attaching the bolts, screws, and all the trimmings. I'm taking the advise of the 3 dozen people who said, "It'd be great if you put this on a DVD so we can actually SEE how you build it." I'm not sure about distribution yet. I haven't discussed this the distributors. Who knows? I may end up distributing these myself out of the trunk of my car. Lol.

Anyway, to all those who have asked about it, suggested it, begged for it, it's coming. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:41 am 
born to perform.

Question: Are you going to be the handyman? :lol:

LOL

No, seriously thank you very much I was going to purchase the plans soon, but ill just wait a month or so and see how the progress comes with this.

Serious Question: Any idea on pricing on something like this. . because im pretty sure this will be a first of its kind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:25 am 
born to perform.

Lol. Yeah...I'll be the one doing the demo building. Time to dust off my suspenders and toolbelt. Lol. Your pricing question is a very valid one. Unfortunately, at this point in time, I couldn't even ballpark a price. Depends on the the length of the DVD, the bonus features, the cover design, if any, and the packaging. There are so many factors that have to be considered when pricing something like this. My management team and I have kicked around the idea of just putting out the DVD, then we thought of adding the book with it. We still have some details to work out. I can tell you that it will be at least 2 months before this project can even think of coming to a close.

As for the hardcopy book of my plans, I just recently revised them, added some updated features to the trunk, additional drawings...and for those of you that have purchased my plans, the drawings are actually MY own hand-drawn illustrations instead of computer drawn. These drawings are the original drawings I used when I designed the trunk. The plans went from 10 pages, to 20 pages.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:13 am 
born to perform.

MichalAngelo wrote:
Lol. Yeah...I'll be the one doing the demo building. Time to dust off my suspenders and toolbelt. Lol. Your pricing question is a very valid one. Unfortunately, at this point in time, I couldn't even ballpark a price. Depends on the the length of the DVD, the bonus features, the cover design, if any, and the packaging. There are so many factors that have to be considered when pricing something like this. My management team and I have kicked around the idea of just putting out the DVD, then we thought of adding the book with it. We still have some details to work out. I can tell you that it will be at least 2 months before this project can even think of coming to a close.

As for the hardcopy book of my plans, I just recently revised them, added some updated features to the trunk, additional drawings...and for those of you that have purchased my plans, the drawings are actually MY own hand-drawn illustrations instead of computer drawn. These drawings are the original drawings I used when I designed the trunk. The plans went from 10 pages, to 20 pages.

Sounds good, i still have the link to your sub trunk plans and will buy them as soon as my credit card discharges from all the christmas shopping. I Love woodwork, last i made was a tv unit for my room, so i sub trunk will be no worries.

Just a quick question i NEVER EVER Use nails or avoid then at all costs and use tiny pins, can your sub-trunk be made nail free with some use of niffy joints and biscuts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:28 pm 
born to perform.

HaHa...Do your thumbs have a fear of hammers? Yuo'll be happy to know that my sub-trunks have not ONE nail in them. They're nail-free....nail-less, they're nail intolerant. As for "nifty" joints and biscuts, not so much...these are designed so that even the most construction-challenged person can build this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:57 pm 
born to perform.

MichalAngelo wrote:
HaHa...Do your thumbs have a fear of hammers? Yuo'll be happy to know that my sub-trunks have not ONE nail in them. They're nail-free....nail-less, they're nail intolerant. As for "nifty" joints and biscuts, not so much...these are designed so that even the most construction-challenged person can build this.

Sounds good :D . Fear of a hammer. . .Not so much i have hit myself abunch of times when putting pins in. I just think its looks very un professonal when you seen a nice job and then when they start to look at it they see ugly nails sticking out, or they see a nice hole puttied up to cover a nail hole, which then when you put a finish on will stand out like a sore thumb if you didnt get the correct putty. I just have had a few bad experiences with nails so i refuse to use them anymore.

Question, because the trunk isnt using nails or fancy joints, Is it using timber with tongue and groove joints in them so that they glue together all up without using the nails?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:35 pm 
born to perform.

Nope. It's not. This design packs flat, and can be assembled in less than 5 minutes. The base (floor), all four walls and the lid can all be broken down and put into the trunk of a small car. Easy from start to finish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:50 pm 
born to perform.

MichalAngelo wrote:
Nope. It's not. This design packs flat, and can be assembled in less than 5 minutes. The base (floor), all four walls and the lid can all be broken down and put into the trunk of a small car. Easy from start to finish.

Sounds Interesting, I LOVE the idea how it packs flat. Sounds very unique :D

Good Work Michal, I'll be excited to hear more news on it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:07 pm 
born to perform.

Thank you. I'll keep you updated on the DVD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:18 pm 
Team Penguin

MichalAngelo wrote:
Is it by any chance the Amazing Jonathan box? "No nails, tape glue, scissors, paper, trap doors, pins" lol. The box just completely fell apart hahaha! Seems to be like a good deal. Seems better than the original Houdini drawings and text that I have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:12 pm 
born to perform.

Hahahaha. Something like that. IF it falls apart like that, though...It's the builder's fault...Not mine. Lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:40 pm 
Team Penguin

MAGICIAN: And now we will perform a classic of magic. The well saught after Metamorphosis illusion created by Harry Houdini himself. A time tested and aged classic!

ASSISTANT: WHat are you doing honey?

MAGICIAN: Y,you get in first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:01 am 
Team Penguin

That actually sounds pretty cool but unless you charge 50 bucks or less, people probbably won't purchase it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:47 am 
born to perform.

Oh, it will be much less than that. For the DVD/Book combo, we're ballparking the price around $35.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:43 pm 
born to perform.

MichalAngelo wrote:
Oh, it will be much less than that. For the DVD/Book combo, we're ballparking the price around $35.

Thats good :D , Because you cant charge $100 for the dvd then they need to go out and buy another $100 or so worth of props to build it, that would be unfair i personally think, so take it into consideration :D