View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Seed
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:40 pm 
Penguin

Hi,

I saw Uri Geller can grow a seed in seconds.

Is there any product from penguinmagic for this kind of trick / effect?

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:31 pm 

Yes, but if I show you the product I tip the method.

It's not as hard as you think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:07 pm 
born to perform.

Lots and lots of "Miracle Grow", and distilled mineral water. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:14 am 
Penguin

hi Dave,

Thanks for your info. I thought that if it is listed in the PenguinMagic Shop, you can just tell me the name. Not necessarily the method.

I just really hate most of my friends (most of them are female) because they are now convinced that Uri Geller has pyschic powers. There is a new series of his show in our country at this moment (The New Uri Geller).

Despite all my info about him that it just a trick, they simply believe thats not magic tricks (by telling that he was under some sort of brain test bla bla bla, etc.). Yupe, dramatization from the TV series.

I could demonstrate / explain almost all his old school tricks (spoon bending, compass, roulette, mind reading).

But not this one.

DaveV wrote:
Yes, but if I show you the product I tip the method.

It's not as hard as you think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:44 am 
born to perform.

So wait, you only want to know about this effect so you can brag and explain to your friends that you know everything.

Dylan

Last edited by juliegel on Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:37 am 
born to perform.

Juliegel,
Please read his post properly before going off and making an idiot of yourself.
This guy is obviously concerned that his friends are 'buying into' something that he knows is fake. He does not like the fact that these people are believing a lie. I understand, I have been in the situation countless times.

hofodude,
The trick is to not challenge their beliefs. If you boldy tell them that what they are believing is wrong, their instant reaction will be to defend. Once the person is defensive, it turns into an argument pretty quick. The trick is to get them to question their own beliefs. Don't barge in and say "He's fake, I can do all the things he can do, he's just doing magic tricks."
Get them into a conversation, ask them a few questions - "So you believe in this stuff, eh? What do you say to the fact that magicians can do the same things he's doing? Have you ever heard of the JREF challenge?" See where the conversations go. Let them think about it themselves then catchup with them again later.
I know it's frustrating but you don't need to explain everything to them. Talk to them, let them make their own decision. Sometimes people just need something to believe in, doesn't matter how irrational it may be. That's just the person and there's nothing you can do about it.

Trust me. I have talked to quite a few people on the subject and it is one that I am passionate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:54 am 
Penguin

juliegel,

Please dont get me wrong. I dont intend to brag that I knew or I can do this trick.

I only ask if PenguinMagic has that explained in one of the product listed in the shop.

I thought that this forum thread suppose to facilitate that? Or not?

That's why I am not interested asking other people here (Dave?) to explain the trick.

If you don't know the answer of my question (whether PenguinMagic has it or not), then it is fine.

I bought couple of stuffs from PenguinMagic already and I understood the code of conduct of this forum.

To revelation, thanks for your suggestion and tips, I will certainly change my way to challenge their believes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:22 pm 
Emperor Penguin

If they believe that Uri is genuine, then let them believe it. This type of belief will never vanish. It doesn't matter what is shown to them, some people simply need to believe in the supernatural. Trying to persuade them otherwise, for the most part, is futile. Especially when it involves friends.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:10 pm 
born to perform.

Are we talkiing about the Effect where a seed grows super fast into a orange tree?

If they this that is real magic. . . well i have no comment.

I know the method behind this effect, i watched a documentry series on stage magic i think it was and it showed a very famous maker of all these kind of big and fancy stage illusions

And just a question for Dave. If we are talking about this effect i never knew that penguin sold it? its around the $350 price range if i can recall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:46 am 
born to perform.

orcishorde wrote:
Are we talkiing about the Effect where a seed grows super fast into a orange tree?

If they this that is real magic. . . well i have no comment.

I know the method behind this effect, i watched a documentry series on stage magic i think it was and it showed a very famous maker of all these kind of big and fancy stage illusions

And just a question for Dave. If we are talking about this effect i never knew that penguin sold it? its around the $350 price range if i can recall

No, Uri sometime ago did a little trick where he quite unimpressively poured plant seeds into his hand then covered it with the other. After some mumbo jumbo he opens his hands and a seed or two have begun to sprout. Very different to the Orange tree illusion.

Hofodude, I see that you have not cared for my attitude/theory that you shouldn't prove them wrong but make them prove themselves wrong, if you really are desperate to expose this, Think. Can you not see the method through logic?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:41 am 

The effect Uri did can be done with a $5 accessory that most magicians already have readily available at their fingertips.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:48 am 
Penguin

falingblood,

I cant just stand and watch other people, especially my friends fall into believing this kind of illusions / trickery.

Why? Because I read and watch people became careless, believing paranormal / psychic to heal their ill children, easily became scam victim, etc. You knew what I meant.

Why do I care? They are my friends and families, and probably because just I am ... I do care.

revelation77,

Yes, I understood what you told me. That's why I said that I would change my way, to more challenge themself with questions and let them find out. However, certain / some people don't use internet that much to have time to browse or even open their emails. Yes, I knew some people like that.

About thinking the fast sprouting seed effect logically. Of course, I do have some theories involving sleight of hands, chemical reaction (I read an excerpt from James Randi from 1998), specially created prop, etc. But I just want to know if someone could reproduce this effect in one of their magic teaching materials, thats why I created this forum thread. Probably the trick itself is so simple, and it is not worth to sell. However, it could catch great attention to be honest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:11 am 
born to perform.

From what Revelation77 said the effect is basic and strightforward anyone could do it, and then what DaveV said was overkill, if you still dont know how he does this effect then i am utterly confused how not :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:24 am 
born to perform.

DaveV wrote:
The effect Uri did can be done with a $5 accessory that most magicians already have readily available at their fingertips.

lol just think about what Dave said, took me under 30 seconds to figure out how I could do this after reading it...