View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: help please
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:34 am 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 26 Sep 2008
Posts: 209
i know i spelled it wrong but i need help with the back palm with more than one card the don't stay and if i am lucky i can produce all of them at the same time not one at a time

please help


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:39 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Posts: 2081
Location: Melbourne, Australia
I can highly recommend Jeff McBride's Art of Card Manipulations series. Unfortunately, we're not going to teach you the techniques here. Best you learn off the master anyway!
Take care,
Rev.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:30 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 2610
Location: Canada
Jeff McBride.

Or you could wait, there's a Jeff Sheridan DVD coming out on Penguin soon.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: help please
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:27 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 18 Aug 2004
Posts: 2576
Location: Ituna, Saskatchewan, Canada
KingoftheKards wrote:
i know i spelled it wrong but i need help with the back palm with more than one card the don't stay and if i am lucky i can produce all of them at the same time not one at a time

please help


Simple answer: Practice. Practice a lot.

You need to build more finger strength and coordination/dexterity to palm and produce multiple cards than to palm and produce just one card. Continuous, diligent, careful practice is really what you need, if you have learned the proper technique in the first place, .

Having said that, I have to ask this: Where did you learn to back palm a single card in the first place?

BTW, Jeff Sheridan's card manipulation work has been available on video/DVD for years. Look for the "Jeff Sheridan: Genius at Work" set. Those of you whose conception of "street magic" comes from David Blaine really should check him out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: help please
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:23 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 2610
Location: Canada
TheCaffeinator wrote:
KingoftheKards wrote:
i know i spelled it wrong but i need help with the back palm with more than one card the don't stay and if i am lucky i can produce all of them at the same time not one at a time

please help


Simple answer: Practice. Practice a lot.

You need to build more finger strength and coordination/dexterity to palm and produce multiple cards than to palm and produce just one card. Continuous, diligent, careful practice is really what you need, if you have learned the proper technique in the first place, .

Having said that, I have to ask this: Where did you learn to back palm a single card in the first place?

BTW, Jeff Sheridan's card manipulation work has been available on video/DVD for years. Look for the "Jeff Sheridan: Genius at Work" set. Those of you whose conception of "street magic" comes from David Blaine really should check him out.


I wasn't aware he had material on the market. Thanks, I'll check it out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:15 am 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 24 Jun 2006
Posts: 6622
Location: Penguin's Most Feared Intellect
Jeff Sheridan is very good, but he's not the best teacher. Jeff McBride is probably the best teacher on the subject. His DVD's are, in my opinion, the best on the subject.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:23 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 2610
Location: Canada
fallingblood wrote:
Jeff Sheridan is very good, but he's not the best teacher. Jeff McBride is probably the best teacher on the subject. His DVD's are, in my opinion, the best on the subject.


Jeff McBride is my favorite magician. He's the best card manipulator there is.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2009 Penguin Magic, Inc.