View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Name for this trick? Butterfly in it?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:11 pm 
Penguin

Does anybody know where to buy this trick, find it, or another name for it?

I think the description is a floated / levitated paper or napkin or
tissue turns into a real butterfly or something like that. He says
he invented it or created it or made it or something or
it's his and calls it Metamorphisis, but I think there is already
a trick like this or he didn't invent it or made it, etc.
Btw his IT and ITR videos look cool, most of them.
His video was on freemagiconline.info the last video on the page
but i guess he deleted his site or something as it redirects it
to his new site, but I don't think it wasn't that long. Does
anybody know this trick that James Lee says that he invented or
created or whatever? His youtube is youtube.com/oceanline
but his video was deleted or something the butterfly one
and it was named Metamorphisis or something and it was
on another yotube account on the one on the site but don't
know the name but it had j. lee in it.

It looks similar to Art of Astonishment 1's Creation sorts but
involves a real or realistic blue butterfly or something as it is
only a moth in the Art of Astonishment Volume 1.. Also if you could
name some other tricks involving real or realistic butterflies
that would be helpful.

Thank you!

Jason

Last edited by blademanX on Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:40 pm 
born to perform.

Hmm, I found one sort of in the same ballpark as your description...right here at Penguin: Cocoon

I also found one called Metamorphosis Butterfly, sold elsewhere. The product description is as follows:

Quote:
Show the audience a small "caterpillar," seemingly asleep. The caterpillar, you explain, represents life. "In many ways we take the very things around us for granted, never realizing their beauty and potential until its too late. The caterpillar for example. A seemingly ordinary member of the animal kingdom. Yet through its magical abilities to weave silk thread, some of the most beautiful cloth in the world is created."
Bring out an intriguing piece of paper and continue, "And yet the caterpillar is only recognized for its beauty and majesty once it transforms."
Place the caterpillar in the center of the paper and fold it up. "Sad, but true, we in this world often ignore the beauty and potential of the seemingly plain and uninteresting. Only when presented with an image of glamour and color do we stand in awe!”
The magic words, and you open the paper. A butterfly flies out of the paper. The caterpillar is gone! Comes complete with everything you need. Very easy to do.

There is, of course, a much older effect where paper butterflies seemingly fly around atop a handheld oriental fan. It can easily be found here: Dancing Butterflies

If none of these suit your fancy, then may I suggest that you think of ways to create such an effect. Many top performers do just this...they imagine an effect they wish to perform, then they explore all the possible methods for acheiving their goal. Before you know it...they are entertaining us all with their clever thinking. You can do it, too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:04 pm 
Penguin

thx. bLiNdSiDe

I already bought, "The Cocoon" by Steve Cambian I guess 1-5 months ago. Any body who bought this as well, can you give me some tips on after the effect on how to retrieve the butterfly? Thanks!

Also bLindSiDe can you give me the link to the effect or something, hopes its not one of those fake windup flying butterfly things. Oh yeah I don't think its dancing butterflies either, as the video on the site is sorta cool, the lasat one on freemagiconline.info

Anybody has any idea on how it is done? Don't need to reveal effect if you do, just please give me a link or name for the trick, thank you!

Also other people who can tell me any effects involving real or realistic butterflies that is not like the coccoon which is using feather butterflies or whateve it is. Thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:21 pm 
born to perform.

Well, I found yet another effect simply called Metamorphosis. This might be the one you heard about. I watched the video demo of this one and it is much like Jim Pace's "The Web"...as the Butterfly ends up on the back of the spectators hand. Check out the demo here:
Metamophosis