View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Card warp in AoA series?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:12 pm 
born to perform.

I recall playing with a multi-phase card warp effect with multiple tears which is examinable at the end...I BELIEVE it was by paul harris...I was wondering if it is published anywhere in the AoA book series? I'm going to go searching to find it now, if anyone knows where it is let me know. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:34 pm 
born to perform.

No, there is no card warp trick in the AOA series. There is a card warp by Andrew Gerard on the TA dvd set though.

Post subject: Re: Card warp in AoA series?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:19 pm 
born to perform.

MadNuke wrote:
I recall playing with a multi-phase card warp effect with multiple tears which is examinable at the end...

What exactly do you mean by "examinable at the end"? Do you mean that the specs can hold and examine the pieces after you tear the cards up or that the specs can hold and examine the warped card in a somewhat "intact" state at the end of the routine?

The reason I ask is that most Card Warp routines end in the former state, i.e., the specs are left fiddling with th epieces of two ripped up cards. There is only one that I know of which involves "multiple tears" and ends with the performer handing out the warped card without ripping it in half. It happens to be one of the the versions I regularly use. :D

Can you describe the ending in a bit more detail?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:29 pm 
born to perform.

As I recall, there was one or more phases where the card was ripped down to the fold, then one side of the rip was rotated 180 degrees and refolded ...I believe there was also a setup that was done in front of the spectators...The thing with this warp is that there were multiple phases...like: push through, tear, push through, tear, push through tear. It has been a long time, and this is the only card warp that I've played around with, so if these things apply to many effects, don't worry about it. I just wanted to incorporate a solid effect with less "plot" and more "eye candy" in preparation for seriously creating routines.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:32 pm 
born to perform.

I do believe that the spectators could more or less examine a semi-intact card folded along its length with several sections separated by tears in an alternating "face-back-face-back" fashion. The creator is on the tip of my tongue... I just want to recall the original source I found this and play around with it again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:10 pm 
born to perform.

Nope. Probably not the one I do. Close, though.