View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Looking for a shell of a deck of cards
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:52 pm 
Penguin

Greetings fellow Magicians,

I am currently looking for a deck of cards that is in the shape of a shell. Basically the same premise for a deck case shell, but instead a shell of a 52 pack of cards. I'm not sure if it would be exposure with what I want to achieve with a shell deck of cards, so I won't post it here, but feel free to PM me if you want to know what it is I'm trying to accomplish.

I'm really hoping that there is something out there with what I am specifically looking for, because I can see it being a royal pain in the arse trying to make one myself.

Thank you in advance too whom ever can help me find what I am looking to purchase.

Post subject: Re: Looking for a shell of a deck of cards
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:58 pm 

Does it have to be a rigid shell? David Regal has his "throw away" deck available that looks like a deck that can be wadded up and tossed away. Maybe you can use his pattern and put it over something like Chazpro's deck shell form in place of the card box pattern they use.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:54 pm 

Dave's talking about the Disposable Deck, which is a great idea.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:02 pm 
Penguin

DaveV wrote:
Does it have to be a rigid shell? David Regal has his "throw away" deck available that looks like a deck that can be wadded up and tossed away. Maybe you can use his pattern and put it over something like Chazpro's deck shell form in place of the card box pattern they use.

The effect that I have in mind would require a rigid shell of a deck of cards. While I continue to try and find the right shell of a deck of playing cards, I'll look into possibly buying the David Regal Disposable card effect as suggested. Once I get one, I'll try to apply it to the desired effect I want to perform, and who knows, it might just work as well as a rigid shell of cards. But if anyone happens to run across a place or know someone where I can get a rigid card pack shell, I would be eternally grateful for the help.

Also, if you're curious about what I'm trying to accomplish, send me a PM, but I won't go into details about the effect I want to use it for, unless you too, own the effect.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:37 pm 
born to perform.

What about making your own rigid shell? from real cards. I'm not sure how large you need the insides to be. Does it need to be an 'expanded' shell?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:47 pm 
Penguin

BalukMagic wrote:
What about making your own rigid shell? from real cards. I'm not sure how large you need the insides to be. Does it need to be an 'expanded' shell?

If there isn't one on the market, I already made up my mind and started to work on how I can make one myself. It will take quite some time to get it perfectly, and the way I want it. So if I have to go that route, then I will, but I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't something already out there like that which I can purchase.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:53 pm 
born to perform.

I see...

Does it need to be expanded? I guess not then...

I don't know. It would seem the obvious solution to make it yourself.Get a knife and cut 51 cards then glue the entire deck, it wouldn't seem too much of a deal rather than spend money on one somewhere.