View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Attach the stick to the rubber band.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:52 pm 
born to perform.

I can not remember the name of this trick and I feel i should upgrade from the plastic version that I have.

It's the trick where you have one cylinder with a hook at the end and you insert it into a tube that has a rubber band in it. You challenge the spectator to attach the hook to the rubber band. The spectator can try as much as they want but they will never be able to.

It's one of those tricks that seems to always be in beginner kits and is always a red tube with a yellow cylinder and hook.

I have seen these made out of wood which is what i am interested in.

Thanks,
Ben Winter

Post subject: Re: Attach the stick to the rubber band.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:45 pm 
Penguin

I've seen them called quite a few things, "Snapper", "Snap it", etc... I still have a couple that I found not long ago in a hobby store, in their "kid's" section where they had some packet trix...

The first one I ever saw was back in the early eighties, it was wooden, homemade, and much larger than most of the plastic ones ya see now days... These things are great!!! They'll keep someone guessing and playing with it for literally HOURS.... Too much fun.... I still carry one of mine in my work backpack at all times...

Like everything else, it's all in the presentation. When you do it you make it look like there is a specific order of actions taken, screw up your face as you concentrate, etc... Not too long ago I had a guy pull the rubber band out of one of my cheapie plastic ones so I had to pull the plug, put the band back and snap it into place again. Inexpensive fun...

The only wooden ones I've seen were all home-made and much larger than the plastic one's...The first one I ever saw was over 6 inches long, probably close to 8, with a rectangular rather than cylindrical body on a square platform / base.

Last edited by dockarate on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Attach the stick to the rubber band.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:40 am 
born to perform.

Thank you!