View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Telephone Mentalism effects
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:53 am 
Penguin

I have a couple telephone pieces of Mentalism I can do but only like 3 effects. Who knows of anything I should check out? Whether they are individual effects, part of a DVD, or a book.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!
David

Post subject: Re: Telephone Mentalism effects
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:31 am 
born to perform.

If you don't have it already, buy 13 Steps. Or you could go with Practical Mental Magic. After reading either of those twice, then go on to books like PRISM, Theatre of the Mind and Mind, Myth and Magick (all in that order).

But that should take a few years to be honest.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:48 am 
Penguin

Thank you!

And I appreciate the honesty. I have been doing this for a few years for sure I just couldn't think of anything specifically designed to hit hard across a phone without being trivial. I'm trying to remind myself and also see new things I haven't seen before as well. I got a couple of those books. I'll get the rest tho and revisit them. I'm trying to brush up because I'm going to be doing an interview and performance at a radio station and I want to do stuff for people to call in as well as the people at the station

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:50 pm 
Penguin

Hey, I just purchased Double Feature by Patrick Redford. It was very deceptive, and a great mentalism act for people youve never met before. Check it out at Penguin here... http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2545

Keep in mind you need a cell phone for both of these effects. Have fun with it!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:55 pm 
born to perform.

Keep in mind that most of the effects in those books are not done over the phone. They're just great books to own. If you want some cool stuff done over the phone, then maybe some cold reading will help.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:32 pm 
Penguin

For some reason I hadn't thought of Cold Reading...I have a psychological character but I can still make that work...thank you

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:38 pm 
Penguin

Just checked out Double Feature, idk if it's the same method or not, but for the first trick in the video I came up with that (different types of predictions, I don't use numbers I use words instead but I do still do the name thing...creepy). I came up with it when I was rewatching the Dark Knight in that scene where the Asian security guy as Morgan Freeman check in his cell phone for "security purposes" (not to record/obtain information) and that's when the idea and method came to me lmao! I thought I came up with somethin unique but I guess not.

As for the 2nd effect, i have a couple ideas how it could be done but idk for sure how he does it himself. I hadn't thought of trying it myself tho.

Thanks for the recommendation! I appreciate all the effort you guys are putting in to help me out!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:59 pm 
Penguin

mental yarn, stopping there pulse, makeing them forget there dogs name!
but the best and sure fire one is mental yarn!
i been looking past this effect for years and i must say there is so much ways to do this effect! think drawing dup!