View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Forcing Decks
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 8:00 pm 
born to perform.

Will PM be selling forcing decks (all 52 cards are the same) any time soon? I'm not really that great with any of the forces I've read about, so a deck like that would be extremely helpful in a lot of tricks.

Post subject: Re: Forcing Decks
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 2:55 pm 
Penguin

Hey Peedl, while you're waiting, check out http://ps.superb.net/cardtric/sleights/moreforc.htm for some forces. Also, I have a really easy foolproof force if you want it. It's painfully obvious, but I've been doing it for over a year the exact same way (I've shown some people a good 30 times) and NOBODY ever figures it out. E-mail me at elmedico27@hotmail.com if you want it. Drew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 2:56 pm 
Penguin

Hey Peedl, while you're waiting, check out http://ps.superb.net/cardtric/sleights/moreforc.htm for some forces. Also, I have a really easy foolproof force if you want it. It's painfully obvious, but I've been doing it for over a year the exact same way (I've shown some people a good 30 times) and NOBODY ever figures it out. E-mail me at elmedico27@hotmail.com if you want it. Drew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 7:03 pm 
born to perform.

Thanks, that site is actually really helpful. I never really bought the *basic* magic books so I never learned a good force. Then all the other ones I found were stupid or too hard. I like the "Glide Force" though, now I can do Snowstorm and actually have it work.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 7:40 pm 
Penguin

Meh, I really don't need to keep this secret since methods of forcing are all over the Net. Double Cut Force: Memorize the top card beforehand. This is the key card. (If you really want to blow your audience away, riffle through the deck, looking at the faces, and tell them that you're "memorizing the deck". Make a note of the top card as you finish the riffle.) With the deck face down on the table, tell the spectator to take a small portion of cards, flip them over face up, and set them down on top of the deck. Then instruct the spectator to take a larger portion and do the same. You now have a packet of face up cards on top of the rest of the face down deck. Pick up the deck and thumb through the cards until you get to the first face down card (original top card). Slide it out to the spectator, telling them that it's the card they "freely cut to". Work the rest of your trick from there. Enjoy! Drew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 12:31 pm 
born to perform.

Location: I shall not capitulate... no never. I may be destroyed, but if I am, I shall drag a world with me...
I like the svengali deck as a forcing deck. Because you can show the spec. the faces so they think its a normal deck. Or go to the Advice part of the board and go to the site that a person poasted. Umm, the beginners basement or something. It has a great force!