View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Learning techniques
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 9:57 am 
born to perform.

Does anyone know any good book which teach techniques as well as tricks so you can make/develop your own tricks as well using those techniques? Like on TV I saw a guy have 4 coins in 4 corners of a napkin, they were on fire and he put his hands over 2 corners and the flaming coins jumped from one corner to the other! Anyone know any books that teach card techniques as well as coins and others? Thanks

Post subject: Re: Learning techniques
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 11:23 am 
Penguin

The 4 volumes that make up Card College will give you some of the best instruction on technique that you will ever come across. Bobo's Modern Coin Magic will do the same for coins. Try Rice's Silk Encyclopaedia for silk magic. Get Tarbell's course for a conglomeration of everything. The Books of Wonder give alot of insight into the how's and why's of the magic contained within. I think my point is that there is plenty of material out there for anyone interested.

Post subject: Re: Learning techniques
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 12:10 am 
Penguin

from what it seems like in the description is basicly a matrix trick or in other words a "One ahead" priciple I have designed my own over the years the most impressive magic to me is when Im creating magic of my own.using different theories and techniques of the books to create a magic that is yours. ummmm and uhh My favorite books are the Tarbell Courses in magic and all Of Paul Harris stuff.