View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Twisted Sisters or NFW
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 1:17 pm 
Penguin

Having trouble picking which one...they are both the same price and both are really cool. Help me pick guys. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Twisted Sisters or NFW
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 2:18 pm 
born to perform.

NFW needs a sleight as it requires and Elmsley count. Twisted sisters is practically self working and the Elmsley count is optional but not necassary. I would reccomend Twisted Sisters but I don't know your experience with card magic. If you aren't bothered by a little practice go with NFW. You'll be happy with what ever you chose, they're both really cool.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 7:52 pm 
Penguin

thanks!!...elmsley is super easy sleight no prob. Ill get both, thats my final decision lol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 12:05 am 
Penguin

ssaltas, I have them BOTH and they are both in my usual routine. The decision you made was a great one and you will not be disappointed.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 2:22 pm 
Penguin

I've been doing sleights for a long time. The elmsley is no picnic to do well. Technically, doing an elmsley is not hard, and can be generally accomplished in a couple of days, depending on your sklil level. "Selling" the fact that you're not doing anything out of the ordinary while doing an elmsley is NOT easy. Now, if you're performing this in front of an audience who is under the age of 15 or so, then you're going to get away with a lot more than with an older audience. To do NFW well, you are going to have to be fluid. Don't rush it, and dont stumble. You must be able to do it without looking at the cards when you perform the sleights. An older audience will require eye contact mis-direction, or else they are going to know immediately that something is amiss. If you can sell the elmsley to the point where you can show two face up jokers and two face down jokers, then you can get really deliberate in how you show the cards. This will help sell the entire routine, especially when they see the ending. But for you guys new to magic, NFW is NOT easy, and you're going to have to dedicate yourself to practicing it over and over again before you're ready. There are a lot of other tricks out there that are MUCH easier to do for a beginner.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 3:10 pm 
Penguin

I can do an elmsley smoothly. And I can always practice if it doesn't look good.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 10:30 pm 
Penguin

How long is long? I understand the ghost count isn't easy for you if you have been performing sleights for umm....about 2 weeks.... I have an inhands elmsley, a tabled elmsley and a hamman/elmsley count... P.S. Buy twisted sisters!....Always do the elmsley in twisted sisters!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 11:24 am 
Penguin

Gtxby-Considering you posted here in October that you didnt know how to perform the chinese linking rings, I'm glad to see that you have become a card sleight expert in 2 months. What you have done is to read, research, and get familiar with terminology. (All very good and credible.) But here's some advice for you: The more you speak, the more you show how much you dont know. If you're telling me that you are so good at the elmsley that you can start off a routine with it and pull it off, then I'm telling you the average age of your audience must be 6 years old. If you read my message, I didnt say doing the elmsley count was hard technically, what I said was doing it and convincing your audience you're not doing anything out of the ordinary is no picnic. When I perform NFW, I cleanly show four jokers at the beginning of the routine, followed by a false elmsley. When I do the real elmsley after this, I can convincingly pull it off.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 4:25 pm 
Penguin

I actually prefer to do a Jordan count with Twisted Sisters. I've been practicing magic for about 22 years and performing for about 5 years. The Ghost count is easy to understand and less easy to perform. It's not the technical aspect, it's the performance that generally gets people.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 2:58 pm 
Penguin

I'm sorry that I work with mostly cards. The doublelift is harder than the elmsley count. -Max

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 3:01 pm 
Penguin

What does me having to do with posting here for 2 months? -Max